Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The Hello World Channel

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 10th Sep 2014 01:03 Edited at: 15th Sep 2014 11:53
[links]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYrsl7TN8xCpA4Q8zGFL3Sw
https://www.deepredonline.com/thehelloworldchannel.html
[/links]

Quote: "PLEASE ENSURE YOU VISIT THE DEEPREDONLINE.COM LINK ABOVE TO FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM AND READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS"

Hello Everybody! [Apply humorous accent here]

A few days ago or sometime last week, or some time long ago [If you are reading this beyond a week after this was posted...] there was a post regarding Game Feedback based on Early/First Impressions in the AppGameKit board which was a paid solution, which made me think why not have this for free?

I understand some want this done in private, but I think that if you make this public it can act in a positive way for your project... of course you want this done in a controlled fashion... [Of course you can ignore my first offering of pre-release reviews and go for my post-release reviews if you like]

This is where my new channel [new at the time of this writing that is] comes in...

I offer you the ability to send me your projects in a controlled manner, I review the project, and publish a video, thus giving you feedback for free from me, but also feedback through viewers as well...

Adding to this I post your social network links so you can grow a following before your game even hits BETA! And if you already have a community website for me to link to, even better!

This channel had been long coming, just I had not shelled out the structure until now…

You can read more in the code block below of what the service has to offer and what I will also be using the channel for.

Current Series Channels...

The following list of video series’ are currently listed on The Hello World Channel:

How To – In this Series I will be publishing videos which explain and show viewers how to do certain things such as texture manipulation. Other things include how to create other aspects related to Game Development, such as designing a website for their projects and finding a host for their site to be hosted on

Game Design Theory – This series will showcase various methods relating to Game Design Theory including things such as Level Design using Diagrams, Map creation, character design and various other elements relating to Game Development

Game Making – This series will be used to teach viewers how to get started in the world of Game Development as well as other related areas, this will also cross relate to the How To series in some respects such as Texture Manipulation, but this section will show viewers How To use those textures instead of How To create them

Early Impressions – This Series will showcase my first interactions and feedback for games and apps in early stages of Production, this is the series where your Alpha/Beta submissions will be placed for showcasing

AppyView – A.K.A. App Review will house my reviews of your already Published Games and Apps

I felt the terms and conditions did not belong here, so please visit:https://www.deepredonline.com/thehelloworldchannel.html to see the full T&C's

I am hoping this covered most of the bases relating to my new channel, but here is a basic Q&A that I think might answer some questions I think some may have…

FAQ’s

Q- I can do this myself why use your service?
A- Do you really have the time for all that video editing?

Q- Does my project have to be made using TGC software?
A- No but I suggest you send me those details [Your non-TGC product] in private and not through this forum thread

Q- Do you accept Mobile [Android/iPhone/iPad etc.] variants of games/apps?
A- No, not at present, but I will use any finances raised through the service to invest in adding these options if there is demand for it… I do not currently use any Android Devices or iPad/iPhone devices either...

Q- Do you have any experience in making videos for YouTube?
A- Yes, I even have a lovely Mic and Sound Booth to add that crispness in the recordings where needed

Q- Your Channel has next to no followers, why?
A- I just set it up, I will look into growing the viewer base and if you can help spread the word, even better!

[Ask me more questions you may have below so I can add them here]

Thank you for your time!

EDIT

Added Logo

Removed the T&C's from this page as it probably was not a good idea to have them listed on the TGC Forum...

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2014 13:10
If you want to give my game a try I would appreciate it. Have taken the next week of to among other things work on the game. I am planning a polished up alpha 2 with some new content. So the more feedback I can get early, the better. Links, info etc can be found by clicking the link in my signature.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2014 14:03 Edited at: 11th Sep 2014 14:24
I have always been interested in playing your game, will have a go at it tonight UK time! I see you have a not too dodgy link for the PC download, let me know if you would like an extra mirror for download links

Added to the list! I will likely feature your game as the first Early Impressions game as it looks promising!

EDIT

Mind you, can you collate a list of the various places for me to link to if there are more than the Indie DB page... also how to reference you, include TGC Forum name or not etc...

[This is why I have the application form ^^]

EDIT

I really suck at compliments etc. so always assume I said Thank You

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2014 17:46 Edited at: 11th Sep 2014 18:09
I did not realize that you had an application from on your website as it wasn't mentioned in your text. Seems like it was implied to post in this thread only.

BTW, at work right now. Will look into things later.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2014 18:29 Edited at: 11th Sep 2014 23:44
Thanks, wrote that after three days and a half of next to no sleep ^.^*

I will amend it tonight when I get back in

I removed the terms which mentioned the form so my bad...

Thanks!

edit

So sorry, I will have to do it in the morning now, had a unexpected long day and also washed the car tonight... and I have a cough to add to the lot I promise to do it tomorrow first thing! [UK time]

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2014 12:31
No rush to get it done. Before Monday is ideal but still no rush. I was busy all day yesterday and all day today so won't be able to answer any of your questions until Saturday.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2014 20:31
@Digital Awakening - Thanks, If you could complete the application form soon that would be great...

I have cancelled the Logo Competition as nobody aside from one showed interest and I kind of like how it stands at present, I have to get the flyers printed before as soon as possible as I have an event to attend on the 25th! Sorry all... [But it saves me some money haha costing me £40-50 to get just 250 printed... time to get designing!]

@Digital Awakening - My throat is feeling better I might have a go shortly and send you a private Link in PM sometime tonight

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 00:49 Edited at: 14th Sep 2014 00:50
Sorry for late reply. Had a nasty migraine today.

The terms and conditions are a bit over the top. I don't think anyone doing videos has that. Did fill out the form for you. No field for any links in there.

This link has all the download links, screens, social media etc. It's the game's official webpage.

http://www.digitalawakening.se/index.php?p=rta

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 01:56
Additional Notes

Hehe, no worries, yeah the terms are for games not yet released and builds etc. So I have no rights to redistribute them if you want them to be secure... I would not do it anyway but best to have it on paper erm somewhere than not... I will be attending a huge gaming event soon and meeting a lot of devs... With games in development

Quote: "Sorry for late reply. Had a nasty migraine today."

I know the feeling, have more water...

Will make the video tomorrow

[center]
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 12:04 Edited at: 14th Sep 2014 12:04
Quote: "I will be attending a huge gaming event soon and meeting a lot of devs... With games in development"

That sounds like a lot of fun

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2014 05:36
Hey there... finally finished the flyer...

I put together a quick [Well 2-5 hours lol] rushed video and I have been so tired all weekend so it is not my best but I would rather dissatisfy myself than disappoint you in not having something for Monday!

I will pm you a link to playback the video I made tonight so you can approve it for putting onto YouTube...

Thanks! and I know I might have missed a few things... but I can do an update when you have another update to the game and I can hopefully apply more energy in future videos...

Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2014 09:07
This appears in the about middle of the first post and is broken.
https://www.deepresonline.com/thehelloworldchannel.html

The text https://www.deepredonline.com/thehelloworldchannel.html needs formatting so the reader can locate the important parts quickly.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2014 11:57
Thanks Kevin did not notice the typo, been so tired over the weekend...

The important bits are in capitals but the main thing is that any data sent is never shared the terms are just for games not released yet, I will be updating the linked page soon later today...

No idea why I feel so drained recently...

Thanks once more for pointing out the typo!

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2014 02:46
Quote: "ALL RULES HEREIN ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND YOU ACCEPT ANY FUTURE CHANGES WHETHER YOU ARE INFORMED OR NOT"

Wow, I don't know that I've ever seen a legal document put it like that...

In fact, let me warn you that if, for whatever reason, you had to go to court with that document, you would be smashed into the ground. There are so many problems that make it legally unusable. Here's a really quick example:

Quote: "Your participation in this process is taken as your acceptance of the rules herein…"

"this process" is not defined. A lawyer can take that to mean what he wants it to mean. Be careful writing your own T&C.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2014 02:58
Ah I thought I added the termination clause, will check it again, have my legal friend looking it over as did not have the chance over the weekend, but actually that participation clause is the same as the YouTube clauses... Have a read of the YouTube paperwork you will be surprised at all the typos in it lol 😁

But yeah the terms should be updated, and the terms protect both myself and the participants anyway... I reserved mo rights to redistribute any content I think it is fair and justified, but as you know, it can change and with your feedback if you have any suggestions, it can change for the better

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " have my legal friend looking it over as"

You can have illegal friends?
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2014 08:14
Quote: "You can have illegal friends?"
You ARE my illegal friend.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2014 14:24 Edited at: 16th Sep 2014 14:32
Quote: "You can have illegal friends?"

ROFL hahaha Somehow this didn't occur to my constantly humour-searching mind

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2014 04:22
Quote: "You can have illegal friends? "

One must have, or order to have the other

Somehow my mail back email was removed

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2014 22:10
Still some more work needed to be done on the site... should be sorted on the weekend if not next week...

For now, here is the first video of many to come in future... Please give feedback on the game if you have not yet played it, and feedback on the video is also welcome but not necessary as the main focus is the game and getting feedback for the game itself

Thanks for watching/feedback if you did

EGX London 2014 [Eurogamer] tomorrow

Thanks to Digital Awakening for allowing his project to be the first featured on the channel. [PS. you got mail]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:56:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:56:07