Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / HERE - A short SciFi pilot for all to enjoy.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2014 22:11 Edited at: 17th Sep 2014 22:14
Hey guys. So I\'ve been away from creating games for a long time now. I got into filmmaking and never really found the time. However I thought I\'d come back here to share with this wonderful community I spent so much time with all those years ago, a project I have been working on.

Of course the greatest thing you could provide for us is feedback. So I would love to hear what you think of it.

If you like it you could really help us out by voting simply click:
www.dailymotion.com/pageitem/video/tools/contestvote?request=%2Fvideo%2Fx25qzjm

If you want to watch it you can do so here:
HERE Pilot Episode

Thank you guys.

Check out my site for the latest on my games.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2014 05:25 Edited at: 18th Sep 2014 05:26
That felt very professional! I do think you'll need a better microphone though. The voices felt heavily indie unlike some of the other components and that detracted from the immersion (The ambient static was the problem). You used a LOT of close shots with camera movement which made it a bit difficult to get an idea of the environment. I'm not sure what I think of that yet. It's certainly interesting but there isn't much to go off of.

Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2014 17:01 Edited at: 18th Sep 2014 17:02
Yeah that seems to be a common comment I'm getting, I like the claustrophobic feel of close up. But I'm starting to realise the limiting effect it has on the films scope. I guess it's down to my preference of super shallow DOF.

I completely agree on the audio, it almost grinds on me. Next thing on my kit wishlist, a couple of decent XLR mics and a slider.

Thanks for the feedback.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2014 16:19
Quote: "Next thing on my kit wishlist, a couple of decent XLR mics and a slider."

Until then just post-process the audio with basic anti-static filters. FTR I haven't watched the video yet as I don't often have the internet download to watch videos. Plus I'm quite lazy.

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2014 07:14
Looked very interesting. Annoying with all the closeups but I never put my finger on it until someone said. It's more that I wanted to know what was going on!

Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Haha. Thanks. Well that was the point, create a pilot that draws people in. Give them nothing but take everything. In such a way the audience have no choice but to come back. That's the idea anyway, grab your audience.

We'll be shooting episode 2 soon. I'll be sure to make it as satisfying as possible without losing the mystery. I'll be sure to update you all on it's progress.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 23:31:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 23:31:49