Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] Aquillanto - 2D Platformer For Mac and PC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2021 19:54
Looking good! It does have this euro platformer feel to it, like in the good old amiga days. Very impressive for a solo dev!

I was about to say something about the music (it sounds like placeholders a bit) when I noticed this:

Quote: "
I'll get someone else to do the music at some stage but otherwise it's solodev.
"

I could definitely give it a shot if you want. I got quite a few years of composing under my belt. Let me know

DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for kind words! Yes, music is placeholder stuff at the moment. When I've got the Steam page up with Wishlist I intend on running a small Kickstarter to fund music production and a few other things... so yes, stay in touch!

AQUILLANTO - A side-scrolling platformer with super tight controls, 3 worlds to explore, hordes of monsters and a quest... Inspired by games on the Amiga computer ?FOLLOW ON TWITTER
SEE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL

n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2021 21:15
All good, let me know when you're at that point in your development cycle!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Almost done with media encryption.... funny old task - you spend a couple of weeks coding away and testing and at the end of it... the game looks exactly the same!

A bit of tidy up and then onto Steam stuff...

AQUILLANTO - A side-scrolling platformer with super tight controls, 3 worlds to explore, hordes of monsters and a quest... Inspired by games on the Amiga computer

FOLLOW ON TWITTER
SEE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL

n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2021 19:48
You know what they say... 80% of the work goes in the last 20% of a project
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah.... it's feeling like that now! :S

AQUILLANTO - A side-scrolling platformer with super tight controls, 3 worlds to explore, hordes of monsters and a quest... Inspired by games on the Amiga computer

FOLLOW ON TWITTER
SEE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL

DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2021 14:03 Edited at: 8th Mar 2021 14:03
Aquillanto is in the Newsletter with a shout out to everyone who has helped and encouraged!!

Read it here

FOLLOW ON TWITTER
SEE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL

DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2021 08:18 Edited at: 18th Mar 2021 15:53
Nothing to see here... carry on, carry on...

FOLLOW ON TWITTER
SEE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL

DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Super excited to be actually setting up a steam account - Definitely feels like I'm actually getting closer now...

All whilst working on Level 6 of World 1. When that's done I'll be exactly one third of the way through level building...

FOLLOW ON TWITTER
SEE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL

DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
TOTALLY GEEKING OUT!!!! I've managed to get my first ever build of Aquillanto up on Steam (not visible to general public yet - no store even)... I am soooooo pleased!!!! All worked smoothly!!!

A small step for techie folk.... a giant leap for me...

FOLLOW ON TWITTER
SEE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Captain Ouais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2021 18:27
Congratulations David!
It's quite a culmination
I do what i do !!!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2021 20:54
Congratz Dave. Well deserved!
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheers guys!

Created 25 achievement icons and 5 hidden achievement icons... ready to integrate into steam (Still don't fully understand that part but gradually getting there!). Can't wait to get the steam stuff behind me so I have a clear path to release! Still a lot of level building to do but I know I can do that Also Music to sort but planning on doing a kick-starter to help pay for that.

FOLLOW ON TWITTER
SEE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Captain Ouais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2021 19:34
in addition you will have to give us a complete tutorial on how to integrate a game with steam: p
I do what i do !!!
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Ha ha! That would literally be the blind leading the blind! I'm doing the bare minimum with dummies-guide level help from Adam who wrote the Steam plugin! I will definitely help though when you get to that stage - There are a few things that got me - Steam is a great system but designed to accommodate huge companies with much more detailed requirements. There are a couple of videos that essentially cover all the main initial "upload a build" stuff - they're brilliant.

Here's a start...

FOLLOW ON TWITTER
SEE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Captain Ouais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2021 16:26
I'll see that in due course in 10 years lol !!
I do what i do !!!
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Ha ha! Yes..... I know that feeling!!!

FOLLOW ON TWITTER
SEE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2021-04-10 22:21:07
Your offset time is: 2021-04-10 22:21:07