Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Interrupt driven increment/decrement of values...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 01:02
...is now possible. Just pass an id number, starting, ending and how often you want it updated and it will then change the starting value. Note : The timer wont always update at exactly the required time - its always at the next availiable time.

An example :

Mirrors are more fun than television. Well, that was fun, in a not-so-fun sort of way...
JSN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 09:57
What!!!!

Where on earth did you dig that out? This could be interesting...!

-----

~ J ~
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 10:05
Quote: "Where on earth did you dig that out?"

Aliens from the planet Listengovweonlycameinpeace gave me the idea...

Its the Memory plug-in that you'll want...

Mirrors are more fun than television. Well, that was fun, in a not-so-fun sort of way...
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 10:35
Hmmmmm, would that be much better than just checking the timer()?

What I mean is in VSD Tracker I just check to see if the timer() has passed an interval to know when to update the music and play the samples - would using your .dll be more accurate?, less jittery?.

I keep meaning to get hold of Delphi and try and make a playback .dll but time is not my friend right now.

Van-B

I laugh in the face of fate!
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 14:13 Edited at: 5th Dec 2003 14:19
It depends - the required time cant be relied upon to be called at the required time as Windows is 'multitasking', and thus another process (especially if it takes a long time to complete something) can effect the timing.

I'm not using a multimedia timer (just the standard Windows interrupt) so to solve this 'problem', there would have to be a lot of interest before I changed over to something else.

However, to be honest, I dont think you'll notice any timer delays, unless you go manually timing each interrupt. If absolute accuracy is needed though, you could try the high-precision timer (which IanM has made availiable in his plug-in). However, that does have to be manually read...

I am thinking of doing a waitable timer (which does something after a certain time) - which is a once-only timer.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 15:25
Ahh, you mean like the VB timer control, something like that inside DBPro would be ideal. I'm thinking of harassing Lee into adding an ON TIMER() function, where we can run a function at a set interval, that would suit me downto the ground.

Van-B

I laugh in the face of fate!
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2003 15:30
Yes, a few have mentioned an ON TIMER thing - unfortunately I cant add that (for obvious reasons, unless you want the routine to be called, to be a non-DBPro program).

So, you might have use for a waitable timer then ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:14:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:14:24