Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Native Sliding Collision?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2014 19:55 Edited at: 17th Nov 2014 20:00
I know most people use Sparky's or buy a plugin for collision, but I was just wondering if anyone knew how to make an object push another with AUTOMATIC OBJECT COLLISION, or if that's even possible. AUTOMATIC CAMERA COLLISION works alright for the camera, but I want an object to push or be pushed by another regardless of the camera.

Unsuccessful attempt (object only stops):

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 18th Nov 2014 00:26
Buy this http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2162

and look at the Open Dynamics Engine, it is not documented within DBPro itself...

Note, buy the digital download, cheaper and you get it faster

Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2014 20:20
Quote: "Note, buy the digital download, cheaper and you get it faster"

Whoa, you're right.. I never noticed that before!
I may start even cheaper and see how far I get.

WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2014 19:29 Edited at: 19th Nov 2014 21:58
Hey, Derek.

I added ODE Physics to Dark GDK based on the DBPro 7.4 version. I have made several modification. I took out the linear velocity dampening function(for now) and moved the angular dampening function to the ODE callback function, so the angular dampening will only take effect on collision. I also removed the necessity to rotate a static box oppositely before making it an ODE object and then rotating it properly. Attached is a before and after demo of the angular dampening effect. Oh, and I removed the ODEBody structure and modified any function using it to use the ODEObject structure instead, as the structure was not being filled. DBPro’s ODE plug-in has so many flaws, I’m still going through it function by function before adding to many new functions. You can now pick whether you want to use WorldStep or WorldQuickStep, stepping. You can also pass ODE_Update() a step value so you can have timer based physics.

If you need any assistance, I will be happy to help. I am still setup to modify the ODE dll plug-in if you need any changes made.

Edit: Just looked over my source. Sorry, this sentence

Quote: "You can now pick whether you want to use WorldStep or WorldQuickStep, stepping."

should have been; You can now chose to use hash or simple space.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2014 21:45 Edited at: 19th Nov 2014 21:45
Quote: "If you need any assistance, I will be happy to help. I am still setup to modify the ODE dll plug-in if you need any changes made."

Thanks man, I'll check it out!
I was looking into the Newton physics wrapper, in your opinion how would this compare?

Regardless, I'm always looking for new techniques and options, so thanks again!

WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2014 23:22
Looking through the help files for the Newton wrapper, it seems to be filled with a lot of amazing functions. Much more complete then DBPro’s ODE wrapper. I have seen a lot of amazing demo’s in C++ for Newton and ODE. Being familiar with TGC ODE source code, I can safely say, it’s a mess. Hopefully, when I’m done with ODE Physics for Dark GDK, it will be as complete.
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2014 04:02 Edited at: 20th Nov 2014 04:15
Cool! I just found the Newton Physics wrapper v1.53 source code on my harddrive. Interfaced it with the Newton api and IanM’s TCP framework and compiled successfully. If anyone’s interested I will upload the Visual Studio 2008 project.
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2014 04:31
Here it is anyway. Complete with the Newton api and IanM's framework set up in the project.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2014 22:12
Quote: "Cool! I just found the Newton Physics wrapper v1.53 source code on my harddrive. Interfaced it with the Newton api and IanM’s TCP framework and compiled successfully. If anyone’s interested I will upload the Visual Studio 2008 project."

I have no idea what you said, but it sounds fancy!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:56:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:56:47