Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DarkBasicPro IDE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2014 11:04
I'm having a problem with the editor and things like it not being able to find
the right location for files. How does one change the current directory? What is the relationship between dba and dbapro?

Nick Z.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2014 23:59
.dba is a file which contains program source code
.dbpro is a project configuration file.

when you want to load your project, you should open the .dbpro file and it will load anything else in the project with it

as far as finding the location of files, do you mean the editor itself? or your program when running? Is this when using an open file dialog or when typing in a path somewhere?

lovecraft58
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2014 03:16
I guess I'm talking about using example files from the disk that came with it and using #INCLUDE when compiling. The disk files are difficult to get to run with "current directory" showing a location in my User folder. The #INCLUDE example gives me a "Could not find include file "StringLibrary"" and "failed to Unfoldincludes" even though they're in the same directory. It seems that the "current directory" is in mu User folder and I can't change it. Is that by design? Should I reinstall and just go with the default locations?

Nick Z.

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2014 03:44
Additionally, to answer your other thread, you can have multiple source (dba) files associated with one project (dbpro). You do this by right-clicking the project name in the editor's Solution Explorer and using "Add New File" or "Import Existing File". You have to include dba files in this way if you want to use functions from them.

lovecraft58
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2014 16:17
I've tried importing the StringLibrary.dba from "Hands on DbP" but there's a problem with my current directory. It always points to C:\Users\Nick Zvaleko\AppData\Local\Temp in the IDE. I don't see a way of changing it.

Nick Z.

lovecraft58
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2014 16:17
I've tried importing the StringLibrary.dba from "Hands on DbP" but there's a problem with my current directory. It always points to C:\Users\Nick Zvaleko\AppData\Local\Temp in the IDE. I don't see a way of changing it.

Nick Z.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2014 11:07
The working directory of the IDE isn't particularly important. Files should really be included using the graphical UI for it provided by the IDE rather than using #INCLUDE, which seems to be bugged (quite possibly because the IDE is supposed to handle this rather than the compiler, but the newer ones don't). If you absolutely want to use the "INCLUDE directive you can try using an absolute path instead of a relative one, though I'm not 100% certain that will work either due to its bad support as previously menitioned. At least it should get past the inclusion directory issues.

lovecraft58
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2014 13:00
Thanks, Rudolpho

Nick Z.

lovecraft58
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2014 13:00
Thanks, Rudolpho

Nick Z.

lovecraft58
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2014 13:56
Rudolpho, I'm using the latest build (7.something) and there is no GUI that you speak of, or maybe I don't know what it is. Is it the same as importing? I get errors with that also. Sorry to be such a noob!

Nick Z.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:51:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:51:04