Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBP installation error message

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2014 23:35
I’ve recently installed DBP from the Game Creators website. Then I installed the update file. When I run a program though I get the following error message:
This application has failed to start because d3dx9_31.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Error
Failed to load DLL (1BProSetupDebug.dll)
I reinstalled the application and the update file but again I receive the same error message.
Any help would be appreciated.
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2014 02:50
I think it's because you need to install directX9c.

I've attached the dx9 set up dooda, so run that and you should be good.

It's also a good idea to include this with your game if you send it out to other people, and include a readme file to tell them what to do with it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Tower
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2014 10:38
Thanks a lot 29 games. It did work!! But why is it that some of the directx9c components were missing from my computer. I always update the windows. Directx9c come with windows don’t they? I’d like to say that the Game Creators should have made the DBP installation process easy instead of downloading files from other sources and installing it in other directories. There must have been an update button within DBP that allows the user to update the application without the need to download files separately. DBP is an easy language compared to other game engines. It is frustrating when you come to problems from the very start. Some of us here we’re still learning. But I’m pleased that the community is helpful. Thanks again 29 games.
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2014 12:07
Cool!

The whole dx9c thing is a bit of a bone of contention, not just for installing DBPro but also running/sharing games.

dx10 and dx11 are missing things from dx9c that DBPro and games made using it require. The quote below is taken from the readme from Random Realms, created by IBOL:

Quote: "some computers may not have the .DLLs required to run the game.
included is the DirectX web installer, that will fix those issues on your computer.
even if you have DirectX 10 or higher,
that does not necessarily mean you have the files needed from 9.0c

the installer will NOT take away your dx10+, it will simply add what it needs."

I pretty much stole this when I created the readme for my game Purple Complex.

Anyway, I hope you can now get started and have fun creating some games.

The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2014 23:54 Edited at: 16th Dec 2014 23:55
DirectX has a Runtime version and a Developers version. The one that already comes with Windows is the Runtime. What DarkBasic (a development tool) requires is the Developer's version. That's the difference.

Judging what we see is the greatest blinder and self-limiter in the universe.

What we perceive is never reality. It is only a story we tell ourselves based on our current perspective, which has far more to do with our beliefs about ourselves than with anything else.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 23rd Dec 2014 05:01

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:13:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:13:32