Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.10 on Linux

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2015 03:19
Ah. Perhaps I'm just not as familiar with this whole linux thing as I thought, haha. Seems I don't have libglfw.so anywhere. I thought doing the whole make install thing for glfw would generate it and place it in the correct place.

Seems it doesn't even make a shared object file.

I shall investigate further.

As an aside: I also attempted to replicate your libgl* files just 'cuz. No success, unfortunately.

@robbiehunt * robbiehunt.com * playhonorbound.com
robbiehunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2015 02:42
I have definitely installed libglfw and I can see it when I run:

ldconfig -p | grep -i libgl

yet, when I compile and run one of my projects ... I still get a "Failed to open GLFW window" message every time.

I also get it when I run the examples.

@robbiehunt * robbiehunt.com * playhonorbound.com
Harlequin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2015 03:04
hi Robbie,

earlier in this thread "The Zoq2" posted some info about libglfw on Ubuntu. In a nutshell sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libglfw.so /usr/lib/libglfw3.s

The current version of libglfw is v3 (hence the 3), so you should search for "libglfw3"

You may also need the dev libs for glfw, below is a link to the libglfw packages for Ubuntu
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=sourcenames&keywords=glfw

If I get a chance this weekend I might run up a Ubuntu 14.04 VM and pull a guide together (I did a simple one for Centos7).

Also be aware that some commands do not behave correctly on Linux (eg: key press repeat, some object/screen depth stuff as well), but everything does compile and run with sound.

cheers

It's late, I'm tired, out of coffee and now I'm wet.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Aug 2015 18:31 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2015 19:25
Well I finally got Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela" installed on a separate HD in my system.

I downloaded AppGameKit for Linux and the editor runs great, however when I go to compile a Tier1 project, it compiles just fine but then nothing ever launches. I've tried both the 32 and 64 versions of AGK. Anybody have any ideas?

EDIT: I'm going to try it with Kubuntu 15.04. I love Linux Mint but
I've always liked Kubuntu a bit more. Plus 15.04 has a TON of new features that really puts Linux Mint to shame.

Will let you all know how it goes with Kubuntu!

Forum President until June 20th, 2016. Bow down to me!
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 4th Aug 2015 20:01 Edited at: 4th Aug 2015 20:40
OK, so here's what I learned!

There seems to be some CRITICAL bugs with K/X/Ubuntu 15.04 and Linux Mint 17.2, where for some reason the programs will compile but NOT launch. No error messages are generated or anything, there's just nothing that happens.

So, I "downgraded" to Kubuntu 14.04 LTS, ran some updates, uninstalled the AMD proprietary drivers, and what do you know, suddenly the programs work! I ran Santa's Bad Elf and it ran flawlessly, and ran my own really basic code.

I may truly never use Windows again if AppGameKit gets really popular in the Linux community!

EDIT: Another quick note.

I installed the proprietary drivers for AMD through Driver Manager and now everything works even better.

No screen tearing, no problems rendering anything in AGK. I don't know why it made a difference downloading it through the Driver Manager but somehow it did.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2015 17:29
OK, I don't mean to be a pain in the butt, but can we PLEASE get the issue with "GetRawKeyState" sorted out? Pretty pretty please?

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2015 01:31
im interested in this too!

im getting a pc setup with linux very soon!

www.sheldonscreations.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:49:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:49:57