Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Merry Xmas 2014!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2014 07:07
Haven't seen one up here yet so I will kick the ball off. (I guess we are +10hrs so you are probably all just waking up)

Merry Xmas everyone!

I hosted this year for my family, Roast was a success, cheese and Pavlova were a treat.

Stinking hot and sunny. Quite a few beers down already.

Perfect Aussie Christmas.

Hope all yours are as good as mine.

Kezzla

To Err is Human...\r\nTo Arr is Pirate!
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2014 11:40
Merry Christmas lucky Aussie, coldest day of the year at -10°C here so far

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2014 11:47
Merry Christmas to you too friend.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 25th Dec 2014 18:51
Merry Christmas!

I was indeed just waking up when you posted this Kezzla, it was just after midnight my time when you posted this and I woke up at about 9:45am my time. Sleeping in felt amazing!

Got a bunch of decent gifts this year, too. An old-fashioned oil lamp (I love those!), some candles, great t-shirts, some Futurama-themed art, Civilization 5, and some beer.

7+ years and counting!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2014 19:55
Oh there's a thread for this. Merry Christmas!

I got a Crookes Radiometer and a Selfie Stick.

I like offending people. People who get offended should be offended. -- Linus Torvalds
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 25th Dec 2014 21:03
I got a day off... yay! back to work now...

Merry Christmas all, just some 90 days 'til Easter...

Hope you all have a great day, and not long now for the new year

Shall drink some of my baileys for you all

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2014 18:10
Quote: "I got a Crookes Radiometer and a Selfie Stick."

I just saw the selfie stick for the first time when I was in Times Square the other day. I'm like, wtf is that ridiculous thing!

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2014 23:38
Belated Merry Christmas.

It was a typical one for us with the family, one celebrated over 4 days to accommodate for people working.

Got some nice stuff, friend got me XCOM, as I mentioned in the Posting Competition, which has worked out to be a worthy investment on her part.

Other games, Wasteland 2 and Civilization: Beyond Earth. Played some Wasteland 2, seems like a decent classic post-Apocalyptic RPG that is supposed to give you consequences for actions and each action you make has a reaction. You can figure your own way of doing things - for example, I will blow a gate open with a shotgun because I either don't have enough lockpicking or it's booby trapped. Also like that it's developed in Unity3D and was a successful Kickstarter, which I guess is a squee for the bedroom coder.

Got a few CD's. Judas Priest, Opeth, Storm Corrosion, Threshold, Eluvietie and a live BluRay of Anathema (I saw them earlier this year). I also got tickets to see Anathema in 2015.

If you enjoy metal with a folk twist, I do highly recommend Eluveitie, I saw them back in 2008, but I cannot stop listening to the album I got for Christmas.

And from myself? Well not really a Christmas present, but I got myself a HTC One (M8) because the battery on my Lumia 800 is finally going on me.

It is a decent phone, the camera, whilst not insane in its megapixels uses what HTC Market as an 'Ultrapixel', which is supposed to give better quality of photos (in fairness, resolution != quality), I've taken a few photos and they look decent, even in low light settings - I am used to mobile cameras offering a grainy effect, this offers very little of a grainy effect. I would say the quality of the pictures on HTC's website marketing this phone are comparable.

I'm also impressed by its in built speakers, the sound is very crisp and can get very loud and produce an audio quality that's good enough to not require external portable speakers. They can also reach a decent volume, one of my complaints using my Nexus 10 tablet (or iPads family use) is that when watching things like Netflix, if there's too much background noise, I cannot hear what I'm watching. Not an issue with these speakers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:21:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:21:26