Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Third person(WIP) 2014

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2014 09:05
Hi guys,

Am working on third person script as i hv seen in videos..(version 1.20)
*Aegul`s mod
*Community mod
*Fenix mod
*s18 mod
*Basic third person mod
*Sillent hill mod
M not so expert as you guys do,so i need you to guide me with script or ideas or you can share anything about gaming....

still am working on script so please comment and share your ideas...m having problem in camera rotation and entering the car as i have seen in gta game,and also while picking up weapon by third person it doesn`t fit on hands of the character
as i have shown in my videos...so just download and see what mistake i have done..plzz correct it by sharing ur ideas or script.

i will be be thankfull to you guys if you would help me out.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2014 21:27
meisanam
Doing the "third person" player is hard, but doable. Your
player rotation problem is most likely to do with your script.
If you cant rotate the character, but you can with the mouse, then it's the script. As far as the player weapon, may be a "firespot"
issue? Check your characters "firespot" and re-adjust if necessary.
Thats what it looks like in the video. Are you using the "HUD" or "VWEAP"

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
meisanam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2014 07:00
hi ncmako,

I really appericiate u ya for helping me out.As u hv ask me are u using HUD, ya m using HUD as weapon.I hope u hv seen the Aegul`s mod videos where the third person pick weapon it automatically set in fire position and attach gun in the hand of third person.so wud u give me an idea how do i attach gun with thirdperson when i pick weapon..can u show me with videos tutorial or script if u can or do u hv ur own third person video tutorial from wer i can get ideas or u can mail me.onces again thank you ncmako.
thanks

Email :-meiteisingh0@gmail.com
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2014 20:40
Quote: "ya m using HUD as weapon"

That's probably why the weapon is off. The player's third-person
is just an NPC character with a "Vweap" not the hud weapon. I tested out with a stand third-person script from the forums and
works fine. Weapon was in normal position for the player.

As far as your "turning" and other actions, remember, the character has to have these animations already and need to be called for in your script at the appropriate time. I just turned my character with the mouse is all. Works fine.
best

meisanam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2014 06:42
hey ncmako i tried alot but can`t succeed so cud u help me out if u dont mind then..by sharing ur third person script or shall i send my third person script which u can correct it where i made mistakes.i hope u wl help me...if u dont mind can u send me ur email id..
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2014 20:44
meisanam
Remember, these are not my scripts for sharing,they were made by someone else and were kind enough to share them.

Take it one step at a time. Here is a link to the scripts I used.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195008&b=21
They work fine for me. Try TKZ's scripts first and study how they work. Then apply what you need to it.
best

meisanam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2014 06:10
hey ncmako
I have tried with that script also but its not working fine.when the third person go closer to weapon or object it disappear i dont know y,but anyway thanks for that link.I think i have to experiment alot with the script.
Aegul`s mod was awesume and best third person ya....i dont know y he didnt turn up.I Hope he comes back with new features and ideas.
plz dont mind..again i want to know when a bullet hit the third person how can i make my third person fall on ground as i have seen in IGI game.
thank you.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2014 17:35
meisanam
Quote: "when a bullet hit the third person how can i make my third person fall on ground "

Again, this will have to be in a script. When the player takes "damage" the character will have to play the animation you select.
See what animations are available for the character you
selected for your "third person". Find a kind of "fall back"
or "getting hit" animation, then when the player/character gets shot the script will play this.

meisanam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2015 05:15
ncmako

How do i write on third person script..can u show me some example.i have written this way which one is correct,can you correct it..

:damageby=flak:suspend,coloff,ragdol
or
:shotdamage=1:animate=81
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2015 19:20
meisanam
You have to remember the "thirdperson" is no longer an NPC,
buy rather the "player" itself. So conditions like "damageby" "shotdamage" wont work correctly. You have
to use conditions ment for the player.

"plrhealthless=x" is one condition I used for this quick video. Note, this is a very rough and quick throw together in a "thirdperson" script I use from S812. It takes a while to get the script right. It just shows it can be done.

When the player health reaches a certain point, play animation!
That's all.
best

meisanam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 05:22
ncmako
thanks for showing a video and helping me out.sure i will try out today and onces again i really thank you.
meisanam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2015 05:04
hey ncmako
I tried but its not working i dont know what mistake i have done so can you correct it please.......

:state=0:reloadweapon,settargetname=e,dimlocalvar=P2,state=99
:state=99:state=1,hudreset,hudx=3,hudy=97,hudsizex=16,hudsizey=16,huduservar=P2,hudname=P2H,hudimagefine=gamecore\huds\numeric1.tga,hudtype=6,hudmake=numeric
:always:setvar=P2 $EH
:plrhealthless=0:animate=81
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2015 18:22
meisanam
Not sure what your trying to do here? Create a hud to display
a variable? If your just trying to get the player's character
to animate being shot, this is what I used...

I just stuck this at bottom of S812 third person script. Used a stock WW2 character. Note: this script will loop. You'll have
to figure out how to get back to a usable "state".
Takes a lot of trail and error.
Quote: ":plrhealthless=0:animate=81 "

Note: player is already dead if player health is less
than "0"zero. Also using "animate=81" like this
will probably just loop over and over.
best

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
@meisanam sorry to say this so hard, but with fpi you will never get a good 3d person mode. A lot of very good scripters try and failed. The best you get is the link with ncmako.
If you want a good 3d person learn to mod fpsc. It is hard but the only way.

@ncmako cool that you care about this forum! Hope you come anytime over to fpscR. I would like to see you there.

Games make the world better
meisanam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 09:58
Thanks ncmako,
Really u r great ya..u solve my problem now its working.

@Hey corno_1 as u said i can`t get good 3rd person with fpi scripting i agree that because m not so expert as u guys and even i dont know how to do mod fpsc but anyways thanks for ur advice.
meisanam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2015 06:06
hi friends
Again i thought of making animated grass so i made a model and animated but its not working so what i have to do to animate..how do i make and FPE of an animated model.Here is the model of an animated grass.I made it in 3ds max.
Please help me..

Thank you.

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 06:39
meisanam
Took a quick look at the .fpe file and it's a static entity, needs to be dynamic. Also no animation is listed in the file. So there's nothing to animate? Take a look at a "stock" entity's .fpe that is
animated. It will give you an idea how they are setup.
best

meisanam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2015 09:49
Hey ncmako
As you said it should be dynamic so i made it dynamic and its working fine but when i make it dynamic again a problem arises i.e, texture comes with background as you can see in the video attached below,even i tried with tga/png texture formate.So what i have to do to work properly and animate abit slow.

specially thanks to ncmako...

Attachments

meisanam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 06:14
hey guys,
After so many afforts and practising finally i got my animated grass perfect and really thanks to ncmako for guiding me.So here is my test video..
Thanks

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:00:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:00:04