Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Two Flags

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

Two Flags Rules & Control sheet

The more you see, the more you know.
The more you know, the more you see.
Kharnor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 09:11
Whoa. looks fairly complicated, but that's probably just because of the way it's set out. Perhaps you should space it out a bit more.

Always cool, Farmboy Kharnor was seen walking around with a long string of toilet paper stuck to his foot.
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes Kharnor it is very dense, but it is not complicated at all! My goal was to explain the entire concept in a single 640x480 sheet AND show the controls without resorting to a micro text font size.

The AI is a little more complex than I imagined, and is taking me more time than anticipated.

However I have completed the user interface and posted this demo version for anyone to play with. It's only a 1 MB download.

I'd like to know if anyone encounters collision detection bugs.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
No collision problems, but I think that you'll have to speed the game up a bit, because the little square moves very jerkily.

Pincho.
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
I forgot to add this note to the post.....
In this non AI demo version you can press the F1 key to change the active player.

Pincho the movement is locked at 10 FPS (and that may be pushing DBC to much for multiplayer synchronization).

At speed 1 players move at 1, 2 or 3 pixels per display update. (looks smoother)

At speed 3 the players move at 3, 6 or 9 pixels per display update. (looks more jerky but it still moves at a smooth constant rate)

As long as the system remains responsive to user input, the large move increments do not detract from the game play, However at the higher speed things may move too fast. I suspect that at first you will play on the slowest speed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:27:48
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:27:48