Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Screenshots of my game for the AlienWare Compo :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 07:09 Edited at: 6th Dec 2003 07:10
Hi!. This is the work I have done in a week, sometimes I even amaze myself, I work really fast.........well, here are some screens:

I hope you all like them. They're in 320x200 resolution but I resized them to 640x480. The game can be played in various resolutions, but if you look at the second screenshot, my FPS goes at 7-10 when those platforms are created. When I delete them I get 20-27 FPS (my PC is a Pentium II 300Mhz, 64Mb RAM and a SiS 8 Mb Hardware accelerated video card). Well, I hope you all like them!!

I'm a newbie
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, this looks pretty cool, it's too bad your computer sucks, then you'd probably be able to make it better hehe

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
Emperor Baal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 14:01
Looks nice, looks like MDK2
too bad that the screenies are resized
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Well....yeah my PC sucks a little....but I love it . Anyway I'll try to send big screenshots (real 640x480 and perhaps 800x600) but how I don't know what is the maximum size of a screenshot...

And yeah, it's like MDK2, man, that game is very cool!!!!!

well, i'm finishing right now the training room, I only need to adjust the menu and create the DEMO EXE but....¿can I put my demo in the FTP server?, or only the complete game?, you know, I want that the people test my game and feedback me, so...

hmmm anyone knows why when I make an object, and I put it near a wall (for example, a lever), and when I'm far away, the object gets cut or something like that?, I've been having that problem for 2 hours..

Anyway thanks you all!!!!! I'll try to put a demo if I can!!!

I'm a newbie
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2003 23:04
That's the draw distance.

Things disappear if they are a long way away.

...and like that; he's gone...
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2003 03:27
Actually, if the wall is still showing, but not the object that is next to the wall, then it is because of your Z-Buffer. It is probably not very precise. Your Z-Buffer controls what is drawn on the screen, and what is not, depending on which polygons are in front of others. An imprecise Z-Buffer, in combonation with objects that are small and far away, creates annoying anamolies which cannot be avoided. Your only hope is to move the object farther from the wall, if possible.

The screenshots look nice. To make your computer better, I suggest you buy a better video card and more RAM. I also used to use a 300 mhz Pentium II. I upgraded to 192MB of RAM and a 32 MB Geforce2. It is much much better.

You are using my avatar! Just kidding

Good Luck

Xander - Bolt Software

Why do the antagonists always have to look so cool?
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
well...to buy a new PC....that's the most expensive thing here in Venezuela . But anyway thanks for the info

Too bad....this game won't be used in the compo...it's very big (only the training room is 17.8 Mb), so I have time left to make another game..I'll try to make this game simple, fast and playable on most machines... Anyway perhaps i'll make a game like that but with other alien...

I'm a newbie

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:39:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:39:33