Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / linking two games together.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i want to make a game more than 50 levels.

so i wonder is it possible to make

when the player completes the 50th level the game opens the 2nd game for the rest of the levels i want to make.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2015 02:57 Edited at: 10th Jan 2015 02:58
Quote: "i want to make a game more than 50 levels.

so i wonder is it possible to make

when the player completes the 50th level the game opens the 2nd game for the rest of the levels i want to make"

There is nothing available in FPSC (scripting) that allows this. You would have to build your first game (Game A), build your second game (Game B) and put them with a "launcher application" where you could click a button to launch game A or game B.

Those of us that mod the FPSC source (such as Flatlander and myself) have actually coded our source engine to allow a player to finish one game, terminate it, and launch a second game if the first game is completed. It can be done, but you would need to utilize something like Visual Basic to create a launcher app to hold the two games within it.

I do recall once a user named Meows was looking for something similar and Zombie Killer wrote a launcher app in Game Maker that did something similar. As mentioned, there are ways to do it, but nothing has been made public to drop two build games into it and have it do what you seek.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 10th Jan 2015 04:27
A launcher can be easily created within DBP, but packaging it is another thing...

I would suggest you built your levels with FPSC, and fiddled with DBP to piece them into a single game...

But that is just me

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2015 04:30
S4Real has a launcher that allows for chapters. The player would simply choose the chapter that he or she needs to play.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2015 05:43
Any launcher can do the job. The *issue* is the method the OP wants to do it. He wants the first game to be completed before the player then goes into the second game. In order for the player to not be able to skip the 50th level or the first game and go right into the second would require some information to be passed from the first game to either the "button" to launch the second game or the second game itself.

If S4Real has a launcher to do that specific task then great. MrValentine is correct that DBP can also accomplish this. We use Visual Basic ourselves and create our launcher to hold multiple items (games, manuals, walkthroughs, videos, etc) since our time with VB is far more extensive than with DBP. The main point is that an external item will be needed, and depending on how you want the result to be, may require some additional work either to the launcher or FPSC source.

For example, we have a development we released that contained two game builds of 5 levels each. I built the launcher in VB and when run, two buttons appear- Game 1 and Game 2. The Game 2 button is greyed out because the launcher was told that Game 1 has not been completed. When the user gets to the end of Game 1, there is a code they are given. When they return to the launcher menu, they input the code and the second game is "unlocked". Another development we did eliminated the need for "entering a code" as I have my source writing the data to a file that the launcher reads and acts according.

There are many methods that can be deployed, but it may or may not be as easy as some might think, depending on how you want the sequence of events to go.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
joihnsonlee
Years of Service
User Offline
This sounds complicated, is there a link(youtube or page) which will clear this up?

but i want to select chapters (for game 1 and 2) which i think may be easiest don't u think (correct if wrong)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:31:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:31:58