Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / multiple moving objects w.collision?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
if I were doing a board game with multiple pieces in a 3D environment and I wanted to have each one have its own collision and have an object linked to the mouse as a selector, would I use the character controller command for each piece and a separate one for the mouse selector? I only ask because in the docs about the make rigid body dynamic box it says you can't reposition the objects after they have been bounded by the box. And I need my pieces to move when selected.

LIFE: "That thing that happens to us when we are too young to die"
~V.J.C. 2003
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 12th Jan 2015 19:44
DarkPHYSICS or DarkDYNAMIX?

Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
Dark Physics is what I'm using so I guess I'm referring to that. is Dark Dynamics better?

LIFE: "That thing that happens to us when we are too young to die"
~V.J.C. 2003
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 24th Jan 2015 01:10
Kept this mail back unread, umm, depends on your aims and purposes...

DDYN allows you to not require the end user to install the runtime, which for some reason people have issues with sometimes... mostly because it confuses users thinking they need an NVIDIA GPU [YOU DON'T REGARDLESS OF HARDWARE, IT DEFAULTS TO CPU], so you can ignore that requirement, the other is it uses a slightly more recent [Not the latest] API...

However I am yet to fiddle with it properly so cannot give a solid opinion as of yet... but at the moment because I am so used to DarkPHYSICS, I tend to use it for everything at the moment as it is extremely [for me] easy to get familiar with for simple interactions...

Hope that helps...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-19 10:33:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-19 10:33:30