Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / swivel wall script

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do I apply the script to the wall? I can't right click like entities.
Help please
arrojar entidad y que explote
Years of Service
User Offline
riccetts hello, you can not use the right mouse button into segments, to assign a script to a wall, I recommend using as an entity wall, such as the walls come by default, scifi-scenary-wall furniture. to that entity you can change your taste and texture to assign a script of any door. I hope I have helped. My English is not very good

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 06:27
Quote: "riccetts hello, you can not use the right mouse button into segments, to assign a script to a wall, I recommend using as an entity wall, such as the walls come by default, scifi-scenary-wall furniture. to that entity you can change your taste and texture to assign a script of any door. I hope I have helped. My English is not very good "

Your English was perfect You can't assign a script to a segment wall, but indeed do need to make it into an entity.

Doors (for example) contain key components: frame, door, and punch. The door is actually an entity where you can click on it to assign scripts, change properties, etc. Walls have to be entities in order to assign any script to them.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
riccetts
Years of Service
User Offline
It didn't seem to work with a wall entity.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 19:10 Edited at: 20th Jan 2015 19:50
Quote: "It didn't seem to work with a wall entity. "

In order for an entity to "move", you would need to do one of the following:

1. make a wall entity and frame to hold the wall in model app; animate it so it swivels how you like it; texture the wall and make the frame texture transparent; script it to run the animations.

2. take an existing wall entity and edit the FPE file to ensure it has the "ischaracter=1"; can then script it to either follow waypoint or use "movefore/moveback" commands.

#1 is the best way to ensure it does what you want. #2 is using existing items if you can't/don't have time to model.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 02:02:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 02:02:29