Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3ds Max concept art, rendered with Mental Ray

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2015 15:41
I couldn't sleep the other night so I used the time to be very creative and make concept art for a pie-in-the sky dream game i'd love to one day help produce about epic skaters in the future. think almost-tony hawk game physics,EA skate controls, an emphasis on the animation quality

these some different colour grading tests. I want the character to pop from his environment to draw attention to the animations, but at the same time I want the map itself to look good, so not too much

In a matter of a few short hours (4 considerding a solid hour was probably spent rendering) on my semi-functioning users folder (can access data, comp fails to log me on every time i turn it on) i managed to produce some "3d sketches" as I'd call them for the game. I like to do stuff like this in 3d quickly to prototype, and at the same time get lots of useable stuff created. I made a few renders of some of the media, including a really quick skateboard (downloaded the texture), and a pretty sizeable city level that is most definitely skate-able and what I would consider nice looking. I am especially pleased with the 6k polycount of the level, which uses only 4 textures (not including character and skateboard)

Here's a few pictures of one of my favourite lines in the map, a series of ridiculously sketchy and dangerous 15-20 stair sets. that's not all though, theres half pipes and ramps and spines and all kinds of stuff.

I could never program something like this so this game will not be seen "soon" or likely ever, but when i get some nice anims rendered in the level I will definitely post them
I'd love to get you guys's opinions on these. I never really post 3d stuff anywhere and since i got kicked out of art school i really dont get enough comments from people into the same things.

Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2015 23:16
Nice complex environments! Looks interesting

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2015 00:02
Thanks! Unfortunately my computer kicked the bucket so I'm unsure how this will be continued or at what speed, but the good news is I am mostly done with the first animation.

Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 12:36
Looks really nice Bugsy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 16:54:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 16:54:15