Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie - Creature Artist/3D Concept Artist

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2015 14:41
If you haven't heard, Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie is now in full swing and even yesterday they broadcast a free viewing on twitch. I won't link it or the trailer because they do use allot of foul language. If you don't know who the Angry Video Game Nerd is, he's a guy who reviews games and does crazy special effects and mini-movies for classic games, mostly really bad ones. For the last almost 6 years he's been working on a feature indie film which is out now.

I came in at the very beginning to do the ET2 creature design and some 3D model concept art. Because of family problems I wasn't able to continue, but if you watch the movie or trailer, you'll see my ET2 designs. Turned out really cool. Thought I'd share my concept and 3D renders for you.

Original Concept:

Final Concept:

Model Reference:

First Model Design Render:

Final Model Design Renders:

Test Scene Design Renders:

Was a fun experience, even though it didn't last long. I regret not being able to continue with the project. I was hired to also do all the in-movie animations for the ET2 game..but sometimes life gets in the way.

Enjoy and if you're a fan of this kind of humor, definitly go see the movie! It's insane.

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2015 15:39 Edited at: 31st Jan 2015 15:39
Awesome! My (older) kids and I really enjoyed this movie and I even bought it on bluray a few weeks back! I had no idea you worked on the initial design! The way I see it, this is easily the best video game themed movie out there.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2015 01:51
Ya it was a lot of fun and it was good experience..and it'll look great on my resume.

ascension
Years of Service
User Offline
wow congrats I like the style.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:03:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:03:51