Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Stuck: making a trail of sprites, whose positions are determined by array

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I think this is a problem of my sync() but unsure, so thought I'd ask you folks if anyone can nudge me.

Basically, I want a sprite in every position that I have in an array, currently my code only prints the last element in the array, whereas I want the sprite to remain static, so every array element should be displaying a sprite.

Any ideas how I can make the sprites remain static?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 23:39 Edited at: 16th Feb 2015 23:40
This is your code modified to work. I replaced your circle with a plain sprite just for ease of testing the code.

The main issue is that you only ever created one sprite. So when you went through the array, you simply moved a single sprite around the screen, then synced it at the last position.

I've also replaced your 2 arrays with one typed array. This allows the numerous sprites you need to be saved alongside their coordinates.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Greenwich
Years of Service
User Offline
The "need x and y coordinates" workaround I've been using

etc

It's mean time. *averages*

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:10:48
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:10:48