Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Destroy barrier?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 13:54
Hey all im trying to make an entity barrier destroyable. I seem to walk through dynamic entities but they can be destroyed, but if I change the script for the static entity to have strength it doesnt destroy?? Sorry if noob question
Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
You cant destroy a static entity, it gets incorporated into the level geometry when the level is built I believe.

I did post a few years back about a destroyable barrier, using a check
to see if another entity was within a certain range of the barrier and for every second or so that returned true, a portion of the barriers health would be removed til eventually the barrier was destroyed.

Not sure if this would work after fpsc has gone through so many changes. Theres probably a much better way of doing it, but it needs to be a dynamic entity for a start, and if your able to walk through it you might need to manually enable collision detection in the entities fpi when it spawns in to prevent this?

Hope that helps somewhat

smoke em if you got em
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 02:46
Sinister Spoon
If it's the "Woodbreakable" scripts from afew years ago, then Yes
they still work just fine in V1.20

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
No it was literally called 'nazi zombie barrier script' or something it was pretty lame compared to whats probably come and gone in the mean time.

One slight addendum to my original post is that I've been playing around with the Anykeywithinzone= command a little lately, just have a script in a trigger zone in front of the barrier, set the usekey field of the trigger zone to whatever the name of your enemies name parameter is ie 'zombie001' then whenever our friend zombie001 enters the triggerzone that command will recognize that, set a timer up so that once the enemies been in the zone a set amount of time then it sets a global variable that the barrier script looks at, once the variable hits a certain threshold boom. destroy the barrier.

Im sure there are probably simpler ways of doing it but this is kinda flexible as that variable allows you the option of a repair action the player can use to repair the barricades, and easliy be integrated into a system where the player could use currency to instantly reset all the barriers, make it harder by having them all come down at once, power ups that temporarily make the barriers invincible etc etc all by simply altering that root variable

smoke em if you got em

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:55:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:55:28