Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Asimilación - test Nº3 Interaction with the environment

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello community, I am trying to develop a more dynamic gameplay and style horror and adventure, the moment I'm working hard on itemes and interaction with objects in the environment.

Right now I'm working on a system of addictions such as alcohol or cigarettes. Since this game will be completely free for now, I'm open to suggestions or contributions of any kind, ofcourse will be valued and highlighted the credit of each, as I have planned to do when I get even get the playable demo, the authors of each model use and the authors of each script that uses or modify my taste. regards

Here is the link to the demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik6-Q0L5PnI

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 10:28
This is what I call - Taking FPSC To The Next Level!

I really love the interaction part and the beautifully used shaders. But I have to point you one thing, the game looks too dark. It may be because of youtube.com but a bit ambience or some additional lightning is required.

And a question, how did you get them decals to pop out above interactable entities and how did you get the camera fade in effects and those cool camera movements???

And yes, the animations are also good! You should have posted this last decade and it would already had had 150 plus posts.

arrojar entidad y que explote
Years of Service
User Offline
Mriganka,Hi thanks, if it looks dark because I did not realize when editing in vegas and also by youtube. I'm about to climb another demo later with more quality. also to make a darker environment is this script ------- for decals is like any other located above entities with activatedifused = 1 in the state to pick up and activate = 1 in the decal. The camera movements are with plrwobble and camfov. I hope I have helped.
Years of Service
User Offline
script dark environment

[/desc= Luz bajo-ambiente fijo by Cabillo

;trigger

:state=0:state=1
:state=1:ambience=5,ambiencered=10,ambiencegreen=10,ambienceblue=10,state=1]
Years of Service
User Offline
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 22:51
Shaders and props are definately well made but you should put some work in how you light your scenes

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Wolf, thanks for you comment I would be grateful if you give me any suggestions on how to brighten my scenarios of a more realistic way. Should put more light or less light? thx
The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2015 04:07 Edited at: 19th Feb 2015 04:22
Very nice with the details and giving the house a lived-in look.

The cigarettes were a nice *cough* touch

P.S. One quick idea... If you can get an older reel-to-reel (especially one that animates), it might blend in more with the scene than the portable cassette player, especially with all the old-based paint and the TV showing very old shows. I'm guessing this place is several of decades old?

Judging what we see is the greatest blinder and self-limiter in the universe.

What we perceive is never reality. It is only a story we tell ourselves based on our current perspective, which has far more to do with our beliefs about ourselves than with anything else.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
The level design and shader use is astounding. I'm not sure where the story is going but it looks interesting none-the-less. It's very tasteful and the cleaver use of decal/icon effects is superb. I think the balloons are a great touch as well. It reminds me of the time I saw the developer of Dead Darkness do the same.

Well done! I would like to see more or even play a demo!

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
Diablo Chateau
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, The Tall Man, thank you, the idea of reel-to-reel I like it, in fact I have a pretty good model, not animated.
I suppose I could do some sort of video texture or something to cheer. the pictures on the wall for the moment not add, I'm working on a own images. The atmosphere of the house if it is of old times, but the game is based on the year 90. Thanks for the input. regards
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, ASTECH, I thank fellow for the good vibes. I hope to get a demo this year. a greeting
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2015 15:18
Very impressive, your pushing it to the limits with this one
Yes, would also like to play a demo if possible?
best of luck

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Years of Service
User Offline
Ncmako Thanks, I'm working on new systems, I hope to raise the demo soon. Luckily for you too
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2015 00:22
Great work! Really shows how you can push classic to the limits.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
Years of Service
User Offline
Seppgirty Thanks, I still have a lot of faith to classico
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Classic can make GOOD games... its just that people often get tired of their projects and never finish. There as so many games I would have loved to have seen completed. Demon Sun, Lifeless, Schizo, E.L.E, Phobia 2... so many.

I hope this one gets completed. Don't lose interest!

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
Diablo Chateau
Years of Service
User Offline
If, ASTECH, strongly agree with you, I see the same, many people get tired quickly of their projects. make a game even in a program that greatly facilitates things such as FPS creator, is not at all easy, but if you take it very seriously. Many do not want to program and frustrated at not finding a script and echo in look to take the trouble to read the manual or want to make a super game with great graphics in two days, but even in FPS Creator that work is not a single day, takes a long, long time. FPS Creator is desert that has a lot of mistakes, but can be corrected and is a program that I think has no limits. regards
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 12:48
Hey arrojar entidad y que explote ... from now on I'll just call you arrojar...k?

The screenshots look good but they are in .bmp format and don't show properly. (they are shown with transparency value on my end and are half transparent so I only see half the screenshot). Please convert them to .jpg or .png so we can all see them properly.

Other than that: Nice project! I'm always glad when I see someone who uses his brain working with FPSC (or any game engine). Happy developing!

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
Years of Service
User Offline
Wolf Hi, thanks for comment and let me know the error, then I reraise the links, I did not realize how they looked. especially thanks for the interest and good vibes. regards
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 13:39 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2015 09:21
You should learn about how to use shaders properly, because all of your segments look like they were covered with fat.
Other than that, great work on scripting !

Utinni !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:22:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:22:34