Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / In theory? Do we need a destroy or other scripts...?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry if this is a Dumb question......So am I to understand that if an entity such as a door or a piece of furniture/tree..... is static/is-immobile and does not need to be used/destroy'd and is just a part of the scenery! We don't need a destroy script/main/illuminationent scripts and we should take them out in the editor.... so as to decrease the file size and create a smoother running game in a Built Game???????

Just wondering!!!!

ShN33Ky
Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Correct me if Im wrong but doesnt fpsc copy over a single master script for each script and read from that?

ie if you have 20 gun entities with appear.fpi, it only copies appear.fpi once, you dont end up with 20 versions, so Im guessing for static entities it doesnt even bother reading from the files it copies over.

Ive built a few really small test builds and only ever see fpi's relating to any dynamic entities in the level, and since dynamic entities are the only ones that actually read froms fpi scripts that would make sense to me. Static entities as I understand are built into the level geometry as one large static model when the levels built? so dont need scripts to run.

Thats all just speculation on my part though, thats just how I understand the build game process

smoke em if you got em
ShN33Ky
Years of Service
User Offline
That sounds extremely logical sinister spoon.....you enlighten'd me by using the key word "geometry"! I use to be in the shipping business and my job was to figure out the square cubic feet of a shipping vessel (truck or box car) and then had to figure the square cubic dimensions of the shipping container's (crates/cargo) that we can fit into 1 vessel.I now view a Built game as one giant refrigerated Box car with crates full of frozen food!You can Not fill a refrigerated Box car from end to end/top to bottom! You have to allow open space so as to not suffocate/over work the refrigeration system.
So basically the vessel is the game!...the crates are static entities and segments! and the frozen food inside the crates is dynamic steaks that taste better with script!!!...and the rest is just open space

It all make sense now..lol

Cheers

ShN33Ky
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 05:22
That is indeed a great visualisation mate.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:58:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:58:45