Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Compass. Problem solved

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I do not speak English. I use Google translation. I noticed that some compasses spinning in the opposite direction. The problem will be solved if you Renamed images. The needle should rotate counterclockwise. For example:
files that indicate the north and south do not change.
But other changes: 2.png changes to 15.png, 3.png -> 14.png, 4.png -> 13.png, 5.png -> 12.png, 6.png - > 11.png, 7.png -> 10.png, 8.png -> 9.png, 9.png -> 8.png, 10.png -> 7.png, 11.png - > 6.png, 12.png -> 5.png, 13.png -> 4.png, 14.png -> 3.png, 15.png -> 2.png.
All compasses work if the images are in order. (counterclockwise).
I found these errors in the following post:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191509&b=23
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=181562&b=24
http://forum.northernfoxmedia.com/index.php?topic=27.0

Goodbye and good day.
Tease
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I don't speak English. I use Google translation. I noticed that some compasses spinning in the opposite direction. The problem will be solved if you renamed images. The needle should rotate counterclockwise.

For example:

Generally, files that indicate the north and south do not change.
But other changes:

2.png changes to 15.png,
3.png -> 14.png,
4.png -> 13.png,
5.png -> 12.png,
6.png -> 11.png,
7.png -> 10.png,
8.png -> 9.png,
9.png -> 8.png,
10.png -> 7.png,
11.png -> 6.png,
12.png -> 5.png,
13.png -> 4.png,
14.png -> 3.png,
15.png -> 2.png.

Generally, all compasses work if the images are in order. (counterclockwise).

I found these errors in the following posts:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191509&b=23
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=181562&b=24

Goodbye!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 19:37
Tease Hi and welcome
Thank you for posting this for others in case of problems.
Sometimes scripts may work in one version but not in another.
If you can, state which version your using with this fix for
others to know.
thanks
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 01:29
Quote: "I found these errors in the following posts:

http://forum.northernfoxmedia.com/index.php?topic=27.0"

Actually, there is no error with the compass pack I wrote. The image face with N/S/E/W remains stationary- it is the needle that moves. The script is based on how the editor works. In the editor N is up, S is down, W is left, E is right. In the game, the needle will turn and it shows the direction the player is traveling in. It was created for that reason- so that not only the player knows what direction they are going, but a developer can pinpoint where on the editor an issue may be.

I cannot speak for the other links you provided- I do not use them.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Tease
Years of Service
User Offline
[Actually, there is no error with the compass pack I wrote. The image face with N/S/E/W remains stationary- it is the needle that moves. The script is based on how the editor works. In the editor N is up, S is down, W is left, E is right. In the game, the needle will turn and it shows the direction the player is traveling in. It was created for that reason- so that not only the player knows what direction they are going, but a developer can pinpoint where on the editor an issue may be.]

Hi BlackFox. Facing east and west, the needle is opposed to the north. I posted a rar file containing 3 videos and 3 images. (The map, before and after). See it.

Bye!

Attachments

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 19:47
Your archive has an issue. I cannot extract the "after" video.

I have revisited the pack and stand by my original assessment. The script and images are correct based on how I wrote it. The face of the compass with the N/S/E/W does not ever move, but the needle moves only. The one tip of the needle has red, which is a marker for what direction the player is traveling. Here is my test from when it was created.

This is a simple map. The player starts facing North, a book stand is in the North, an Anubis Ark in the East, a book stand with book in South, and a Cat statue in West.

Player enters and is facing North...

Player turns to East...

Player turns to South...

Player turns to West...

Player returning to face North...

And a video to show it working as it was written and working...

As I said before, the pack was created where only the needle rotates and the face remains stationary. If the player is facing North and turns towards the East, the red tip rotates towards East while the face remains stationary. If the player faces South and turns to the East, the needle red tip rotates from South to East. This pack was tested extensively before it was ever released in both v1.17 (my source of v1.17 since it uses variable system which is in my source but not the default v1.17) and v1.18. I did not test in v1.19 or v1.20- since the script was simple and commands had not changed.

I do have an extension to the pack where the needle remains stationary and the face rotates according to the direction the player travels. If the player travels North and changes direction to the West, the needle will remain in the up/down position with the red tip pointing up to indicate player direction, and the face will rotate clockwise. If the player is traveling North and changes direction to the East, the needle remains stationary and the face will rotate counter-clockwise. However, I have not released it as of yet.

Tease
Years of Service
User Offline
Good Evening BlackFox. In your video, the player looks to the north, when it turns east (to his right), the north is on the left. In your video, the red needle is to the right when normally she turned to the left to show the north.
With a real compass, when one moves towards any direction (north, east, south, west), the red needle always points north.

Bye!

Attachments

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 21:24
Quote: "With a real compass, when one moves towards any direction (north, east, south, west), the red needle always points north."

Correct, but in the pack I made the needle rotate and the face remain stationary. I understand exactly what you are saying, which is why I also mentioned that my extension of the pack contains the scripts and images where the needle remains stationary (always facing North) and the face rotates according to the direction the player travels. In the current release, it is the "red tip" that tells what direction you are moving in, thus the face rotation is not required.

It was not intended as an error or to confuse and I apologize for that. I had the intent to release two types of the pack- the original and my extension, allowing the player to change between the two. I had to put it on the back burner and move to another priority, but I'll see if I can find time and make the add-on to the original pack so that you will have both versions.

Tease
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, BlackFox! I reposted the video "3. after.avi" for you. See my post above. In this video, the red needle always points north and so we can know the north.
Thank you for your compass that can be downloaded from the website:

Bye!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 16:29:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 16:29:31