Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / How do you make a save system

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm beginning a new project and I need a way to great a save game system. It must be able to save the position of a player (3ds form) and a few stats.
I'm using the bare minimum dark basic classic.

The project I'm doing will eventually be green lighted by steam.
Anyone who helps will get part if the profit when and if I use there idea.
Thanks
Storm chaser elite
Years of Service
User Offline
Never mind. Figured it out myself.
Would have been nice if some one could have told me to use the read and write commands to creat data formats to store variables after the program was closed.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 15:26
Welcome to the forums, please take note of the following:

Quote: "The project I'm doing will eventually be green lighted by steam.
Anyone who helps will get part if the profit when and if I use there idea"

Please read the AUP that you agreed to when you signed up, particularly rule 5.

Quote: "Would have been nice if some one could have told me to use the read and write commands to creat data formats to store variables after the program was closed."

There is no room in these forums for lashing out at other members (again read the AUP, points 3.11 and 3.12, you agreed to them!), when the issue is your own shortfall in knowledge. Be nice to other forum members, and I can assure you they will answer all of your questions, if you have shown your own efforts to resolve the problem first.

If you are starting out with DarkBASIC, it might be better to go with DarkBASIC Professional, which is free and more functional. The forums are also far more active than the DB Classic forums.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:11:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:11:59