Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Google Play upload app 50M or less

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,
I'm trying to upload my app with 65M size but Google tels me I cant because the the app must have 50M or less. It tels to upload instead extensions.
How can i convert my app into extensions?

Thanks everyone.

DaMatta
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2015 00:48 Edited at: 9th Mar 2015 01:29
Here is what is says at Google Developer about the expansions...

I have been wondering about a work around for the 50mb limit.
I was thinking of In App Purchases for extra content, but was unsure about being able to download it to the proper media folder.
My best bet may be to just cut back on sound effects and manage my sprites better.
For instance, the character sprites I have been making have all their animations in both left and right directions for a side scroller.
So, I have 2 idles, 2 runs, 2 stabs, and 2 dies.
However, the idle and die could really just be one facing direction shared by both left and right.
That means 2 idles and 2 dies become 1 idle and 1 die animation, so I drop from 8 sprites to 6, thus saving 25% of my memory used by those sprites.
This memory cap has me rethinking a lot of things about my game, but it may be for the best to keep it small for the users sake when it comes to downloading the content.

At only 65mb, you may be able to trim yours down to 50 without sacrificing much of the content if you think about ways to cut back a little on the things using the most memory.
Sound files can eat at memory fast, especially as WAV files.
So, trimming the silence off the beginning and end of any sound effects can make a big difference.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2015 13:04
AGK supports Android extension files.

DownloadExpansionFile()
SetExpansionFileVersion(int version)
GetExpansionFileProgress ()
GetExpansionFileState ()

Never used it, but I'm guessing it should be easy enough.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:45:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:45:49