Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Welcome To City 17

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 01:11
I was on my way to work the other day, looked up and suddenly realised I was in City 17. A most surreal experience.

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 01:16
Ok.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 03:42
Half Life reference.

Need help with C/C++ game dev? PM me or add me on skype: the__comet.
Current active project: Light Ship
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 12:01
Quote: "I was on my way to work the other day, looked up and suddenly realised I was in City 17. A most surreal experience."

I didn't notice when I clicked on the thread, but when I came back to this tab and noticed it said "Welcome to City 17" I suddenly heard Breen's voice speaking it...

"Welcome! Welcome to City 17. You have chosen - or been chosen - to relocate to one of our finest remaining urban centres. I thought so much of City 17 that I elected to establish... my administration here, in the citadel so thoughtfully provided by... our benefactors. I've been proud to call City 17 my home, and so whether you are here to stay or passing through on your way to parts unknown... welcome to City 17... it's safer here."

Is it weird that I like Half-Life 2 so much that can recite that speech by heart? I can hear Breen's voice so perfectly that it's easy.

That picture is surprisingly close to the game, only the tower needs to be much taller

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
It really does look similar

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 22:04
A lot of London looks like that.

@Nomad Soul - Can you tell me a bit about Camden town? Why does everyone say it's dodgy? And are the markets open every day of the year, or was there just some special thing going on when I was there? I loved getting lost in the Stables Market. It's this huge maze of winding bridges and rooms and everywhere you go there are people trying to sell you things.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 00:33
@Clonkex
Quote: "Is it weird that I like Half-Life 2 so much that can recite that speech by heart? I can hear Breen's voice so perfectly that it's easy."

No. Its awesome and I had the same speech running through my head when I took that picture.

@swissolo
Yeah it kind of freaked me out for a few minutes in a good way. Perhaps when I get my hands on an oculus headset it will be even better!

@TheComet
Camden town is ok. It has a bad reputation but its like most places, if you keep your wits about you and don't wonder around at night you will be fine. The market is open every day of the week but weekends are busier and there is more going on.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 01:13
Quote: "No. Its awesome and I had the same speech running through my head when I took that picture."

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 01:41
Quote: "Camden town is ok. It has a bad reputation but its like most places, if you keep your wits about you and don't wonder around at night you will be fine. The market is open every day of the week but weekends are busier and there is more going on."

Why's it got a bad reputation? I found it an oddly attractive town to spend my time in.

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 23:03
my question is... Is it safer there?

Your signature has been erased by a mod

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:09:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:09:44