Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Outdoors: what do you do when you hang out with your friends?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2015 21:19
Hi guys. A short question: what do you do when you hang out with your friends outdoors? I just don't know how to get more fun outdoors, out of my PC. I'll try anything crazy you suggest (except go-to-jail things, tee hee).

Objective: Defeat Boring.

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2015 21:29 Edited at: 19th Mar 2015 21:29
5-a-side football. Or Soccer if you\'re from the US.[i][/i]
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2015 21:33 Edited at: 19th Mar 2015 21:43
Ouch, that's a too much people! More usually up to 4, I forgot to say, sigh.

Modern days made people to seat at home with PC/tablet/phone than go outdoors, I miss old days, when there was real crowd outside.

P.S. I live in a city so we don't have personal yards for BBQ :-(

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2015 21:54
The recent one was fun:

We found an abandoned shopping cart in park, also we found a wild cat. One guy got with a cat into the cart, and the other guy was an engine. Super rocket team lasted not so long as our asphalt is bad, so we smashed and shocked cat run away.

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2015 22:48 Edited at: 19th Mar 2015 22:50
Quote: "Ouch, that's a too much people!"
He's Italian!

Quote: "shocked cat run away"
Yeah I bet! xD

Me personally, I am boring. When I go outside, I do so on my own. I just got for walks in the neighborhood, which are nice because of where I live. I walk fast up hills for exercise, then slowly down hills for relaxation and taking in the surroundings and such. My mind also runs wild as I take walks (something it never does while I am distracted by the computer), and I come up with or work on ideas of mine (such as pyramid schemes ).

"Sorry, you can redo your sig...Stupid Mod pressed the wrong button." - JLMoonDog
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2015 03:56
we talk about the good old days when the earth was flat and when social networking meant actually talking to people.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2015 09:57
You could try some mountainbiking - there's no distinct need to have an expensive bike or gear - just get some munchies and an old bike and off you go... I like to just pick somewhere on google maps that looks interesting.

The great thing about biking is that nothing really stops it being viable - the more woodland areas you have the better, the more built-up areas the better, the more shoreline you have the better, the more deserted areas the better - pretty much anything can make it better for mountain biking. Even a deserted industrial estate is a great place to bike.

I am the one who knocks...
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2015 13:31
Yeah, we go on bicycles in the woods or just roaming the city. Alas, no mountains around. Also I am thinking of buying cam for bike to make time-lapse vids.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 16:24
We just talk to each other and take walks. Biking and swimming in the hotter seasons.

Quote: "I live in a city "

err... a city is not "Outdoors" per se. In a city there are plenty of things you can do.

-Wolf

"If the mods didn’t see it, I didn’t do it!" - Rick Bamber
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 16:51
It is nice to go bike riding in the mountains; go look for rear waterfalls or other land marks hidden in a forest. But being prepared for any emergencies cannot be understated; specially if you are a house hermit like me.

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 22:21
Quote: "err... a city is not "Outdoors" per se. In a city there are plenty of things you can do."

We have a lot of forest around the city and forest-type locations in it. No mountains!

Nevermind, what type of things for the city?

Last time we were riding flaming skateboard at evening. Poor skatie...

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 11:54
Well.. I usually just go for a walk with a friend / a couple of friends and we talk about.. stuff?
^^

Whose eyes are those eyes?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:45:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:45:09