Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Display fpgcrawtext and destroy entity if activated! Neep help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I'm kinda new to FPSC and I'd like to have a elevator door that first says that the elevator is not on service and when a player goes to the elevator room to turn it on it destroys that entity and another trigger triggers the working door.

If you didn't understand what I meant here's the script.
It's my first attempt to scripting and I'm sure there's something wrong. Teach me how to do it please.

Also when I get near the door the text keeps blinking and doesn't stop showing after a certain distance.

Hi community.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
When I read your text it seems that you want the following:

A elevator script which activates when you activated the remote entity.
A remote script which destroys the entity when it activates the door.

Am I right?

Games make the world better
Deviljanya
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello corno_1

When the player gets to the door I want it to show a text saying the Elevator is turned off

Then I want him to go to the elevator room and turn the elevator on and then it works.

I hope you understand me and thanks in advance.

Hi community.
wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 07:55 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2015 08:13
This script might help, I believe its by WXG.

Edit: Okay, I found the entire elevator code pack by WXG and have sent it to Dropbox for you to download. It contains a map elevator example, but not sure if it will work, you might get lucky.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/79anb2rx60boezu/elevator%20code.rar?dl=0

You might also want to check out Storyteller's "Adventure Game Script Pack". There are some nice display text examples. Between the two, you should be able to get your elevator going.
https://thestoryteller01.wordpress.com/tag/fpsc/
Deviljanya
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the elevator code pack, thats was helpful.
But it still didn't solve my issue.
How can I do so it displays a text saying it's not working, then going into a trigger zone and stop displaying that text and it finally works?

Hi community.
wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 20:32 Edited at: 24th Mar 2015 23:37
Okay, I have a working scenario, but it's a bit of a "work around".
The problem is you need two things happening at once. A text display, and a remote door. You can only run one script per entity, so you would have to combine these to elements into one script. This is my solution.
So, create a remote door, and switch. Make sure to have 'Remote Door' in the "If Used" box of the switch. Add a 'trigger zone' directly in front of the door and use this script for the trigger zone. (A modified Storyteller script).

It worked for me. Then just go to switch and open door.
Ya, also I tested the Callablelift.fpm and it also worked for me v1.19.

Deviljanya
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, it worked!
You were really helpful.

Thanks once again!

Hi community.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 00:12 Edited at: 24th Mar 2015 00:16
@wizardious:

That was good work, you seem to know your way around scripting quite well yourself

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 02:29
@The Storyteller 01
Lol, No, scripting is my weakest skill. You did all the hard work. I just added his text, and deleted the soundfile line. But that's one of the things I love about FPSC, that so many talented people are generous enough to share their work, so the less talented can have a chance at realizing there game building dreams.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 15:58 Edited at: 24th Mar 2015 15:59
Change the timerstart/timergreater to etimerstart/etimergreater. The engine will have issues if more than one script used the old timerstart/timergreater command. By using etimerstart/etimergreater, you can have multiple instances running with no problems.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 21:47 Edited at: 24th Mar 2015 21:48
BlackFox is right.

It's the only thing that I didn't correct when I reworked the scripts from the Adventure Game Script Pack. It would have been just too much work.

Unfortunately there was no etimer available back when I made the original version of this pack.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 23:42
@BlackFox Okay, thanks for the tip, I have changed the code snippet accordingly.

@The Storyteller 01 No worries, that's just the growing pains of upgrades. We all appreciate the work even if it needs a tweak here or there. Sure beats having to write the entire thing from scratch!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:25:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:25:46