Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Crosshair without a weapon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me on my other post.
But I have a different question now, how can I have a crosshair without a weapon? And permanently.

I'd like to have a crosshair like Amnesia

I already tried, while I was able to have it on my screen it would have a strange black square around it, and I couldn't fix.

If someone oculd provide me a crosshair, and the script I'd be thanful, or atleast teach me how to do it.

Thanks in advance!

Hi community.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 05:52
Deviljanya
Quote: " how can I have a crosshair without a weapon? And permanently"

Make it a Hud
A simple texture hud and control it with scripts. Try to make one yourself, it's not too hard. Here's a link to BlackFox's script info. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=192148&b=23
A couple posts down you'll see "Beginning- defining huds"
If you still need help, post what you have tried so far.
Also, cant really see any crosshair's in the pic?

best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 07:26 Edited at: 24th Mar 2015 18:23
@ncmako Thanks for pointing out that awesome thread by BlackFox, that\'s one I haven\'t seen!

@Deviljanya Ya, take a shot at trying a HUD, you never regret learning new things! Here\'s a thread about creating a HUD in your setuplevel.fpi, (BlackFox again,lol.)http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=205004&b=23

I do have a question though. What are your intentions for your game? Will the player go through the entire game without a gun? Do you want hands?
Tax78 made a really cool set if your thinking of going that way, and I have a \"crosshair weapon\" that is based of his script. It\'s basically the same thing without the hands. However, with either one, if you pick up another weapon, you will lose the effect. With Tax78\'s gloves you just need to pick up another pair of gloves, but I don\'t have a entity pickup for mine as of now.

http://tax78.altervista.org/index.html

Deviljanya
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys.

@wizardious

I want exactly liek you have in your second screenshot, not hands just a dot.

@ncmako In the pic there's a small white dot, I already tried as I said. But here's the method I used but it had a strange black square around the dot.

I wrote this line on setuplevel.fpi

I also tried using .tga file.

Hi community.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 18:04
Deviljanya
Quote: "I wrote this line on setuplevel.fpi"

Your script should work if placed at the top of the other hudreset's.
Also, double check your image path. My crosshairs are located in the gamecore\crosshairs folder. What size is the image? Most seem to be 64X64 pixels.
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 18:39
@Deviljanya
Well, I know when your just starting out with FPSC it's difficult to learn so much, and you just want to check off a item from your to-do list, and move on to more exciting things. You did give it a try, and so learned!
So here is a download link for the "Crosshair Weapon". Remember, if you pick up a weapon it will be gone, and there is no entity pickup. I'm sure it would be fairly easy to make one, but it would have to glow, as it would be invisible.
I call it Null, place the Null folder in you gamecore\guns folder. (I had it in ww2). Right click on your player marker and choose null as your weapon.
Let me know if you have any trouble or questions. Credit goes to Tax78 for the .fpi!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq1rv1ra3p46g7q/Null.rar?dl=0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:24:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:24:01