Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Tier 1 Android Black Screen After Resuming

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 09:18
Hello... I am wondering if I am the only one having this issue or not. After hitting the home button on any android device (and emulated devices too) I am getting only a black screen upon resuming. It does not seem to be just my app, but other example apps that I have tested as well for tier 1 (been messing with this all day and have found nothing on the forums that explains it).

I am not broadcasting because I want my experience to be as close to the user experience as possible (I learned the hard way a few years ago with my first app, I don't trust "middle men" anymore LOL). I am exporting an APK and running these examples on an android 4.0 device, a 4.4 device, and various others from 3.2 up to 5.0 on the emulators.

Any hints?

Thanks!
nightmode
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 11:45 Edited at: 4th Apr 2015 12:14
I have same issue when the app is resuming.

I tried this example. http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Core/GetResumed.htm

Scenario)
1. Run GetResumed example in Android device w/o AGP player.
2. Press Home button
3. Restart the testing app

Result)
I can see only the (R=50,G=50,B=100) coloring screen. I cannot see any virtual buttons and the green cross image. The app is not response anymore.

I tried this example on my three android devices.
But the results are same.

This issue is occured from official AppGameKit player also.
I just ran AppGameKit player w/o any broadcasting and debugging on Android device.
I pressed home button and tried resuming.
There was only black screen w/o anything.
It was not response anymore.
There was need to force close the AppGameKit player.
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2015 16:00
In case you missed it, it looks like this may have been fixed in the most recent update 2.0.13:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=214242&b=41

The changelist includes:
Quote: "- Fixed Android apps sent to background returning as a blank screen"

Chart data provided with kind permission from ELSPA

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:20:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:20:48