Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. I have finished my app and ran it on the PC with no issues. However the broadcast function just stalls with the initial screen and no user influence. I made the apk which installs correctly. Though when you run it the splash screen is not there and there is no user influence. On the home page a number of graphics appear as chequered flags with crosses. Any help will be greatly accepted, thanks in advance.

lmbeeee
Mike Archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2015 00:51
filenames are case sensitive on Android, could that be the issue?
lmb
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Mike but that doesn't appear to be the issue. I have tried a couple of APKs and each time there seems to be a problem with pngs with transparency. None of the apps respond to touch controls either. It's really disappointing.

lmbeeee
lmb
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. If anyone can spare the time to check whether there is a way around my problems with broadcasting and making an APK file I would be really happy. My daughter has chosen some text and pics and I have messed around so much they don't quite match but the general files are there. These can be sorted out another time. But the PC version works as I would like with simple transitions. There seems to be a problem with fonts and no response to touch controls either.

There is a zip file of all my code (with errors galore - please unless the poor coding is the reason for the problems then ignore the errors. I took out some of the menus but didn't remove all functions) and the media files.

http://1drv.ms/1cGw7PY

The homework is due in on Monday!

Thanks for looking.

lmbeeee
unlikely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2015 17:48
I can't check it at the moment, but usually the checkers mean that the media cannot be found. On Android this is often due to file system case sensitivity... So if it were me, I'd probably triple check that and the paths first (e.g. the "media" folder is correct, etc.)... Otherwise, it may be some issue with the broadcasting feature...

Using AppGameKit v2 T1 + T2
Systems: Primary: Mac OS X 10.10
Secondary: Windows 7
lmb
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for trying to suggest something. I can't work out what's happening. I have version1 full copy and version2 trial. I get nowhere with the broadcast feature or the APKs made via version1. There is an issue with the font graphics maybe as they are transparent png files. All case sensitivity appears correct - I changed all the letters to lower case in the media folder and the agc files. But I get no response to pressing the screen on the phones.

lmbeeee
lmb
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for trying to suggest something. I can't work out what's happening. I have version1 full copy and version2 trial. I get nowhere with the broadcast feature or the APKs made via version1. There is an issue with the font graphics maybe as they are transparent png files. All case sensitivity appears correct - I changed all the letters to lower case in the media folder and the agc files. But I get no response to pressing the screen on the phones.

lmbeeee
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2015 00:06
Hi lmb. I just gave your app a try and it worked fine for me, both on PC and broadcast to my Android tablet. From what you've said, I'd suggest that perhaps you are trying to broadcast to a mismatched version of the AppGameKit Player? I ran your app with AppGameKit V1.8.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:45:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:45:10