Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Difference of FPS Creator x9 , x10 & Reloaded (GameGuru)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've heard x10 had stopped selling ,
x9 is still being supported ,
Reloaded which is now GameGuru (the Graphics is cool).

Which one are you currently using and which product is better ?

( I don't own any products yet. )
Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 16:36
The general thinking is that x9 is to be used for mainly games with indoor levels, while Guru is for mainly games with outdoor levels.

I still use x9 because of the vast amount of models and scripts that I already possess for it.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 20:22
Game Guru is the spiritual successor of FPScreator.

Game Guru is, however, still very much in development and, as of now, FPSCreator is more complete.

Game Guru will, of course, also support indoor levels.

You can directly import all static objects you have in FPSCreator into gameguru...dynamic ones are more fiddely at the moment.

I'd say support gameguru, but get FPSC aswell for all the cool models and assets.

-Wolf

"If the mods didn’t see it, I didn’t do it!" - Rick Bamber
bossisly
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been using x9 for several years now. X9 is not the first 3-D game application I have used. The first one was also from the game creators. It was fun to make games with it. However, when FPS Creator (x9) was released I got the free download and shortly after purchased the full version. Over the years, I have spent many enjoyable hours creating 3-D games. Also in that time, I have amassed an enormous collection of entities and segments.

When x10 was released, I did not purchase it. The reason for my decision was to let the developers work the bugs out of it first. I say this because experience has taught me that most new software releases are plagued with bugs varying from annoying to absolute aggravating. I am assuming the latter was the reason x10 was dropped like a hot potato. However, there may have been other reasons for the demise of x10.

When ReLoaded was released, it was in beta. In other words, it was still in development (incomplete and experimental). I did not purchase any of the levels of ReLoaded that were offered at the time. However, I did download a small number of entities that were offered for ReLoaded for free and they function flawlessly in x9.

When GameGuru was released, I was excited. Shortly after the release of GameGuru, I learned from a reply from my question on the forum that GameGuru is ReLoaded re-branded. This does not diminish my enthusiasm for GameGuru. I do intend on purchasing GameGuru in the near future. GameGuru shows great promise for creating games that are core in an outdoor setting. From some of the articles I have been reading about GameGuru the developers are coming along splendidly at working out the bugs from the software. And it is to my understanding that the developers are optimistic in making several advancements to the software.

Even after I purchase GameGuru, I still will be using x9. GameGuru will be for games that require a very large outdoor setting such (as combat and exploratory adventure games). I was informed that GameGuru and x9 could be on the same PC and/or laptop without corrupting each other’s entity and segment libraries. However, GameGuru and x9 cannot be running at the same time.

My current concern about GameGuru is adding updates. My concern is because of the experiences I have had with the updates for x9. With each new update, I was instructed to remove previous updates. However, there was no instruction on about going through the task of removing the previous updates. I had posted a question on the forum years ago about how to go about removing updates. The replies I received were questions on why I would be so ludicrous wanting to remove the old updates. I assume they did not notice the notice that previous updates had to be removed before installing a new update. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling x9 to remove the old updates. However, when I reinstalled x9 from the disk the old updates returned like Freddy Krueger from the movie Nightmare on Elm Street. With each new update, entities and door segments began functioning like the HAL 9000 computer from the movie Space Odyssey 2001. When my old PC crashed a little over a year ago, the problem of old updates was solved when I installed x9 on my new machine.

As for the limitations on creating outdoor scenes with x9 has taught me to be creative in making workarounds. I also noticed the more I developed an outdoor scene and tested the level with each addition to the level the level somehow used less and less virtual memory as I proceeded in constructing a level. The only drawback was when the level became heavily populated with entities the camera and level became very sluggish due to the vast number of polygons from all the entities. An excellent outdoor setting in x9 can be created.

Many of the entities from the London pack are ideal for making urban outdoor settings. Many of the buildings that were created from the artist CosmicProphet are also excellent for outdoor settings due to his texturing method and his use of conservation in using polygons.

It is my opinion that x9 is an excellent 3-D game creation software. It is excellent for making games with a zombie theme or a game with a war theme or strategy games. It is excellent for the style of games I create. The majority of the games I create use a theme of conspiracy theories with a satirical slant that I have added.

I hope my insights have been helpful to you. I wish you my best regards.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 13:52
@Bossisly: Interesting indeed! Its always good to see that there are more gamecreators using FPSC out there than the ones that are all that active in the community.

As far as updates go: It updates automatically over steam (gameguru) and so far it was very smooth and bugfree Old maps where always compatible aswell! I hope it'll stay this way.

-Wolf

"If the mods didn’t see it, I didn’t do it!" - Rick Bamber
angusm3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2015 18:07
I've been gone a long time, but I re-downloaded my copy today and I'm going to see how much of a scripted sequence I can make with the latest unofficial update. As of right now I'd say x9 is still superior to reloaded, but once reloaded gets its stuff together it'll be a force to be reckoned with, especially if people like ched80, errantAI, Airslide, Plystire, and the Project Blue group make material for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfFa6uPv_8o
I appear to have burst into flames...
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 11:11
All 3 suffer from major performance issues. This makes it hard for me to really say which one is better. I will however put x9 over x10. As many of the features you had in x10 can now be found in x9.

(Teabone)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:06:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:06:46