Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Black Operations - The Briefcase

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2015 21:59 Edited at: 11th May 2015 00:45

Summary
Black Operations : The Briefcase is a short game focused on combat and takes place in a cyberpunk setting heavily inspired by the Deus Ex series. This is my fifth gameproject, and the third game I intend to release.

Storyline

Features

¤ Unified shader model

¤ Almost little to no glowing
artifacts resulting of bloom misuse.

¤ Voice acting ( stay tuned about this one )

¤ Ironsights

¤ Custom sounds

¤ Puzzles

¤ Platforming

¤ Six (Over)detailed levels

¤ Exploration

¤ Glitches

Screenshots

I've finished two maps of the six I've planned, stay tuned to be aware of all theupdates, comments and critics are welcome.

Utinni !
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 11:12
Great looking scenes! well lit as well !

Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 14:12
Thank you.

Here's two screenshots showcasing a light effect that I will use very often during the third map of the game :

Utinni !
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks really good! I'm glad to see people are still working hard on classic FPSC games. I'm interested to see how the gun-play comes out and what other environments are in store.

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
Diablo Chateau
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2015 12:30
Gread level design! But how do you plan the gameplay? Hope the zombies are out of the equation. :p

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2015 18:35
Looks good Madcow. Like the screenshots.
I take it you got that problem with the segments/textures
sorted out? Will be watching for this one.
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 20:41 Edited at: 10th Aug 2015 20:18
Those screenshots have been taken from the test mode, not from the compiled game, I still have this annoyance with compiled games. Without any mean to solve my problem, I will be forced to give the files to someone else so s/he can compile my game for me, allowing me to release it.

Sorry but I have to say that I'm not in the mood to keep working on this project, I will not b*******t you by inventing some lies like a fried graphics card or a destructive virus destroying my computer : I've lost my motivation, it's not really what I want to do. The truth is that I don't really know what to do regarding projects....

So it's very unlikely that it will be released someday.

Utinni !
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2015 01:06
What is the problem with built games?

If your planning to ditch the project, the light effect you created would be appreciated.

Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2015 10:41 Edited at: 17th Jun 2015 10:52
Hello, the problem is that all my segments appears pitch black in a compiled game, but if I remember correctly ( I haven't built a single map for ages ) the entities ( both dynamic and static ) are properly lit and their textures are displayed normally. I think the problem appeared after I changed my graphics card and motherboard. I guess it's not because of the update I'm using ( 1.20.18 ) because I've tried several updates, without success.

Surely I could use entities as walls and doorframes instead of segments, but it would be a tedious process for me and most likely could bring other problems such as collision detection.

I'm still making maps but without the possibility to build them. It's the kind of problem that pull all the motivation out of me. I will resume the work on this project someday, it's fairly certain. But nothing prevents me to share with you some of my lightmapping techniques.

I can't detail it right now but I will tell you how to achieve it this afternoon ( it's nearly 10am in my country ).

Utinni !
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2015 07:25
Try uninsalling FPSC. Then make a clean install of 1.20.017. Update 1.20.018 is a bit buggy on the shader side. If this doesn't work, try remaking the level on update 17 again. Otherwise, check the buildsetup to see if all the textures are being copied correcly to the build.

Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2015 07:51
I have made a mistake, I'm using 1.20.15, but I'm gonna uninstall and reinstall FPSC anyway.

Utinni !
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2015 08:35
Okay. And in my POV 1.20.017 is probably the most all around stable version. Altho I ran into an unforgiving bug sometime ago. You can also try the latest version provided by s4real along with 17. Should work most of the time bugfree.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2015 19:57 Edited at: 10th Aug 2015 19:57
Quote: "Sorry but I have to say that I'm not in the mood to keep working on this project, I will not b*******t you by inventing some lies like a fried graphics card or a destructive virus destroying my computer : I've lost my motivation, it's not really what I want to do. The truth is that I don't really know what to do...."

You know, I really appreciate the honesty.

And I perfectly understand you. FPSC has its limits and shortcomings and it takes a LOT of motivation to stick to a project when one realizes that it will never ever look & work as one had imagined it.

From the hundreds of hours I have already spent on GG, I don't think that it's any better, it just has it's shortcomings in different areas than FPSC.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2015 20:13 Edited at: 10th Aug 2015 20:18
It's also because I had a problem with compiled games (they were displayed untextured ) at the time, that's what sucked all the motivation out of me, I still have the gamefiles however. I don't know if I still do have this problem.

So I'm doing random levels without knowing if they will work fine once compiled.

I don't like GG very much, I have severe framerate issues with it. That's pretty incredible since its capabilities regarding graphics aren't top notch.

Utinni !
ChadWoodworth
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. I really like your project so from the screenshots so far.

I have owned FPSC since January of 2008 and made games privately off and on throughout the years. I have run into all sorts of issues and my current issue is the exact opposite as yours. When I would test the levels I had rendering problems, but when I would build the game it worked fine. I later found out that my Titan video board had clock interference during the initial process. I managed to resolve this issue by making a cheap dev system from old parts and two cheap GTX 550 Ti. For some reason I have zero problems with that setup.

Good luck and I hope you continue with this project.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:18:10
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:18:10