Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / GetJoystickX / Y - WASD not working on PC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 20:13
Not a biggie I suppose, but I noticed the GetJoystickX and -Y don't really work while testing on the PC.

It's my understanding it should use WASD keyboard keys on Windows (and Mac), while not showing the virtual joystick. When I tested it, the latter is correct (no joystick visible on the PC), but there is no input being made with my PC keyboard. Nor my real joystick or other controllers.

Just for kicks I also tried a Bluetooth keyboard connected to the Android tablet, which also didn't work (but the virtual joystick shows up on its screen and works as expected).

Atm I'm instead using the "AddVirtualJoystick", which does show up on the screen on the PC, which I at least can manipulate with the mouse (I know I can use one of the get keyboard commands too).

Apologies for any typos and strange grammar.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2015 00:28
happens in agk v1 or v2?
in v2 it used my flight stick instead of keyboard.
removed joystick & gamepad it used a d keys

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Beta .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Coilwinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2015 03:11
AGK 2. I forgot to mention that.

Ah never mind, got it working via the real joystick. Disconnected it and it used another controller, disconnecting that as well and it was keyboard WASD. Even though I also have a vJoy (virtual joystick) installed, which I didn't uninstall.

Not sure what I did. Except changing back to GetJoystickX method instead of GetVirtualJoystickX. But I'm sure I used that in the beginning anyway.

For a moment I thought fiddling with the "preferred device" in Windows control panel - game controllers, had something to do with it. But it doesn't seem to do anything in this regard (changing "preferred device" to another controller didn't work).

Thanks for replying!

Apologies for any typos and strange grammar.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:00:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:00:05