Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Easier way to convert project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am currently building my game using Tier 2 on VS2013 for Windows. I want to have the same project to run on my Mac using Xcode. What I do is copy/paste all .cpp and .h files to the Xcode project manually and it works.

I'm wondering if there is a simpler way of doing it so that I can have the Xcode project made automatically from my VS project instead of manually copy/pasting files.

Thanks!
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2015 01:09
Have you considered putting your source code under version control? If you use a service like BitBucket, then you have all the benefits of version control, and you can also easily update your Xcode project to the latest version simply by pulling it down from the server.

On my current project, I have moved the source directory so that it is actually shared by all the different platforms. That way I avoid having to duplicate files altogether.

There is no one off the peg solution for this. I do it using the combination of a shared source directory and some python scripts that generate the Android makefiles etc. I don't have any experience with AppGameKit on Mac OS X though, so I couldn't advise on the specifics of that I'm afraid.

Daqs
Years of Service
User Offline
Version control works fine. I'm using Github. The problem is working with Xcode, since I can't pull VS files into my Xcode project. I was hoping there was tool that I could use that could maybe convert my AppGameKit VS solution to Xcode project so that I don't have to manually copy/paste cpp/h files from my VS solution to Xcode.

Meh.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:12:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:12:16