Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Android -specifying export for tablet

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

My app is intended for use on tablets. In IOS it is easy to specify this in the export options. How does one do this for android?

Thanks
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 09:47
The Android manifest has the < compatible-screens > node that you can use you limit which display sizes and pixel densities are supported. It's worth noting that I believe this node is used primarily by the app store rather than the device itself, so I don't think it will prevent you installing it on a smaller device if you force it; it will only tell the store (e.g. Google Play) not to install it on incompatible devices. It's also worth noting that the screen sizes are a little vague and manufacturer defined, so you can never be quite sure what it will cover. For Nexus of Power, which is a tablet only game, I used the following.

Hope that helps.

Henry2
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks.

Is that only possible in tier 2?
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 20:47
Although I've only used it in Tier 2, it should be possible from Tier 1 if you built your own apk from the player template. That's how I did it in version one, but I've not published any Tier 1 apps with AGK2 since the introduction of the automatic export, so I couldn't honestly tell you whether you can modify the manifest if you do it that way.

Henry2
Years of Service
User Offline
It's allright,I've given upon android for the time being
Doz
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't bother modifying the manifest. All it does in Android is put a note on your Google Play listing saying it is not optimized for tablets, which from a marketing standpoint might be an concern, but it doesn't affect the app in anyway. I tested my Tier 1 game on several devices, behaved exactly the same.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:17:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:17:05