Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Multiple Languages (App Name?)

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2015 13:54
Hi all,

I plan on releasing an android app (tier 1) with support for multiple languages.

AGK makes it easy to set language using GetDeviceLanguage() to find out the device's language, and an array of strings for each language.

However, I'd like to offer the app with the app name changed (on the play store and in android menu) for each language - has anyone tried this before, and could provide a bit of advice?

Thanks very much,
Shock.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2015 14:20
in play store its easy, u can choose a default language and then
add more languages.

can't help for android menĂ¼, i useing english name.

in my games i use the device language as default but let
the user choose wich language he want see.

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Beta .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2015 15:20
Ah I somehow didn't notice the translation part in the developer console, thanks.

Also, for testing purposes, simply add &hl=language such as &hl=es to the end of the play store URL to see what it will look like in that specific language.

I'll do a bit of research into the app name in the android menu and i'll update this thread if I find anything useful.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:14:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:14:33