Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / 2015 Forum Presidential Elections

Author
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2015 09:20 Edited at: 12th Jun 2015 06:15
Greetings. It's that time of year again! On June 17th (or later if needed), two individuals shall take up the highly prestigious offices of forum president and vice president. As discussed in the Posting Competition a little while ago, those wishing to run for president will run as a ticket. Any person who is not already running for president may become a candidate by either nominating themselves or by being nominated by another individual and accepting said nomination. When any individual becomes a candidate for the presidency, they shall nominate any other individual to be their vice president. Upon that other individual's stated acceptance of the nomination, a ticket comprising the running president and their nominated vice president shall be created. When it comes time for voting, the ticket receiving the most votes shall win, and its constituent individuals shall become president and vice president. To clear some things up:
- It is okay for an individual to be nominated as vice president under multiple tickets
- It is okay for an individual to be nominated as vice president under one or more tickets and be running for president of one other ticket simultaneously
- One individual can not nominate themselves as their own vice president
- One individual should not run for president of multiple tickets

No particular format is needed for announcing candidacies and such, but it should be done on either this thread or, less preferably, the Posting Competition. I have already announced my candidacy on another thread with TheComet as vice president, and Clonkex has also announced his candidacy as presidency with me as vice president. As more candidacies and such are announced, I will keep a list of them here.

Valid Running Tickets
Dark Java Dude 64 for president with TheComet as vice president
Clonkex for president with Dark Java Dude 64 as vice president
Yodaman Jer for president with Clonkex as vice president
Swissolo for president with Yodaman Jer as vice president

Pending Tickets
Seditious for president with [tried to tyrannically nominate himself] as vice president
Indicium for president with [pending nomination by president] as vice president
Lee Bamber for president (pending acceptance) with [pending nomination by president] as vice president

This year, I have an idea for incorporating some sort of constitution that would aim to actually give the president and vice something do to (make the forum a better place mainly). At the bottom of this post is a draft of the constitution I have created, with a couple potential issues noted at the bottom. In short summary, the constitution describes some various election processes (and mechanisms to handle presidential impeachments and resignations) as well as the duties of the presidents (to put forth an effort to make the forum a better place). It enforces those duties by including mechanisms that allow the community to impeach the presidents. It also includes mechanisms allowing for its amendment and its ratification.

So that's that! Feel free to discuss nominations and all other election related stuff here.[/i]

Constitution Draft:
[i]moved to lower post

"I've just added you to my sig list." - budokaiman
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2015 18:01
Vote for Java + Comet!

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll give this another shot this year. Mostly because, at the moment, DJD64 is guaranteed a victory and we can't have that Anyone eager to be a president/vice president?

So are you thinking of using the PM system this year? If so, someone will have to stand in as a 3rd party for votes. Btw, stick the 64 at the end of your name on that first ticket

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 6th Jun 2015 22:29
Quote: "DJD64 is guaranteed a victory and we can't have that Anyone eager to be a president/vice president? "

I nominate Dark Java Dude 64 as swissolo's VP.

"Giraffe is soft, Gorilla is hard." - Phaelax
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2015 22:44 Edited at: 6th Jun 2015 23:00
Quote: "So are you thinking of using the PM system this year? If so, someone will have to stand in as a 3rd party for votes."
That might be a good idea. However, if we were to do that, the individual receiving the PMs would be able to skew the count numbers, and nobody would see. Keeping it public and transparent is in my favor, but we could definitely do whichever way seems best.

Quote: "Btw, stick the 64 at the end of your name on that first ticket"
Blasted particles! Surprised my OCDish tendencies didn't catch that.

What do you folks think of the constitution idea? Probably a little hard to read with the non text wrapping code box -- I shall have to find a way to fix that. I think it's more of a fun idea than anything, really. Some, however, may find that it would produce more politics on the forum and be a hassle. Not sure! I like the idea myself.

EDIT Got your ticket Yoda! With a picture like that, you ticket will be... facing... a lot of votes. Your post made me think -- we should put a clause somewhere in the constitution that allows the President to determine rules governing points in the Posting Competition. Bah, when I get home to an actual desktop keyboard today, I will work on the constitution and add some important stuff.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 6th Jun 2015 22:46 Edited at: 7th Jun 2015 04:29
I should like to officially announce my candidacy for the 2015 Forum President Elections, and I should like to nominate... Clonkex as my VP!

As President, I pledge to keep the forums going, posting interesting topics and implementing my "Forum Activity" Stimulus package, in an attempt to re-popularize TGCs forums!

I also pledge to create tutorials for many aspects of game dev, to be of generally favorable attitude, and for everyone in the Posting Competition:

The points I gain within the following year, starting from the date of inauguration, and any page claims as well, shall hereby be divided amongst all current participants inside The Posting Competition, and added to that user's current points. Let's see Randomness 128 track that with his little program.

And thus, I say unto you, my fellow forum dwellers, "Think Yoda and Clonkex, Think POINTS!", and remember that this is the face of the new President!

Vote Yoda Today!

EDIT: Changed my motto a bit!

The formatting keeps messing itself up thanks to the Apollo Forums poltergeist!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 7th Jun 2015 03:49
In a random twist, I vote Lee Bamber for Forum President and Richard Vanner as his VP!

There, bet you never saw that one coming!

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2015 06:10 Edited at: 7th Jun 2015 06:11
They cannot be voted for, however, since they have not placed themselves into a ticket.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2015 06:28
Quote: "form president and vice president"

Hmm can't read that code snippet at the moment read top sentence and bottom but you really need to format it better... Add line breaks in the code block... On mobile it goes on for miles lol

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2015 06:33 Edited at: 7th Jun 2015 07:18
Alright, should be better!

Seems I have a campaign to start... I best get to it!

Initial Campaign Speech:
*applause*
Thank you, thank you. Great to be here today. My fellow forumites, I come here today out of a deep concern for the future well-being of this excellent forum. We find ourselves immersed in an environment full of incredibly talented, skilled, productive individuals bearing a great interest in the fields, among others, of software development, computer science, and mathematics. Among these individuals exists a volatile forum, the activity of which is slowly dwindling. Hardly a thing is more influential than a group of individuals organized for a common cause. Together, we can organize as a forum and push for a better environment -- a stable, productive environment that is growing at a record pace. Today, my fellow forumites, I am making a call for your action. Under my administration, assisted by TheComet's vice presidency, I will strive for the betterment of this forum. I will invoke an Activity Stimulus Package, which I project shall result in at least a 15% increase in forum activity over the first three months of my administration. I will also create a Forum Productivity Initiative, which will carry the intent of increasing the relevance of forum threads and the posts within them. This will reduce the number of threads hijacked due to off topic conversation. Finally, while not the last of my plans, I will work in my ability to induce an equality among the various parties of this forum. This push for equality is already occurring through my nomination of TheComet, a brony, as vice president.

It is important we take action now, lest face an increasingly volatile, dormant forum environment. I thus encourage the members of the forum community to vote for the ticket of TheComet and myself.

In addition, my fellow forumites, I encourage you to speak into the creation of and vote for the ratification of the constitution that has been drafted. In its absence, the forum community shall have no way of ensuring that the president and vice president carry out the duties so important for the well being of this forum.
*applause*

Ah, gotta love having a teleprompter. Didn't stutter once!

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2015 07:26
You missed out

Quote: "Quote: "form president and vice president""

I hereby submit my candidacy for Forum President, and hereby also detract it... I might run next year...

I nominate Yodaman Jer for president with Clonkex as vice president (pending acceptance) to receive my vote for Forum Presidency and Vice Presidency

Good luck boys

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2015 08:32
Quote: "Quote: "form president and vice president""
Oh, I see now.

Quote: "I nominate Yodaman Jer for president with Clonkex as vice president (pending acceptance) to receive my vote for Forum Presidency and Vice Presidency
"
Excellent! Well when the time comes to vote, cast your vote to them if you still wish!

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jun 2015 20:10
Quote: "A mechanism should be created to handle the scenario of a president or vice president becoming banned"

If the President somehow gets banned, the Vice President should immediately take office (much like if a real President dies in the real world, the VP takes over).

If the VP is banned, perhaps their replacement could be the Presidential candidate in second place from the race?

I highly doubt anything like this will ever happen, but it's a good idea to have this addressed.

On this note, I do wonder what ever happened to nonZero? Did anyone ever maintain contact with him?

I suppose I should also make some sort of campaign speech!

My dear Forum Dwellers, it is with great pride and honor that I address you today as your potential future President! I have been on these forums for almost 8 years now, and I have seen a lot come and go.

As your future President, I vow to participate in this community as often as I can, perhaps convincing TGC to hold some more competitions, and holding more events for us to partake in. Consider the prospect of another NaGaCreMo, or some similar activity in which all may have fun!

As previously discussed, I will also allow any users who are active in The Posting Competition UPON THE DAY OF MY INAUGURATION (but not after) to have my points and page gains in The Posting Competition, and since I will be President at that time, I can certainly make that happen. Any points gained shall be divided and rounded up amongst those users. For example, say 5 users are active, I post and gain points, 10/5 = 2, each user gets two additional points! Everybody wins and I gain nothing!

I will also stimulate thought by posting interesting threads of interesting topics, keeping friendly chatter going, and to implement my "Forum Activity" Stimulus Package, which basically entails what I said above, but I needed this speech to be longer so I made it sound like more by using different words. Thank Apollo for a thesaurus!

So please, do consider casting your vote for me, and I promise you many points gained throughout the next year!

Think Yodaman Jer, Think Clonkex, GAIN POINTS!

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2015 22:47
Quote: "If the President somehow gets banned, the Vice President should immediately take office (much like if a real President dies in the real world, the VP takes over)."
Well, I was thinking a system similar to the current presidential/vice presidential replacement system would work nicely. According to the current constitution...
Quote: "If the President shall exhibit an absence from the forum exceeding sixty days, or if the President shall announce a resignation from his Presidency, he shall lose his status as President. The Vice President shall then become the President and select any other member of the community to become Vice President. Said selected community member shall become Vice President upon their acceptance."
...the vice president would take over as president automatically, but 60 days after the president's banning. The new mechanism would simply make the process faster. I think I shall just work on the constitution a little bit and post the updated version here.

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2015 23:08 Edited at: 9th Jun 2015 05:42
Here is an updated version of the constitution (in a new post for neatness). The issue of presidential bans has been addressed, and the constitution now addresses absences, resignations, and bans of vice presidents (second and third paragraphs in article 1). At the bottom, I including a proposed first amendment. The amendment would not be ratified with the constitution, but would instead require ratification via the amendment process defined in the constitution (article 4).

PREAMBLE
For the general welfare of the TGC Community Forum, we, the members thereof, find it necessary that a constitution be enacted to regulate the elections, duties, terms, and impeachments of the Presidents and Vice Presidents of the TGC Forum.

ARTICLE 1 -- Elections
Any community member may choose to enter candidacy for president. Each candidate shall, upon their announcement of candidacy, select any other community member to be their vice president. Upon said selected community member’s acceptance, a ticket comprising the candidate president and their selected vice president shall exist. A one hundred and twenty hour period shall be provided during which each member of the community shall have the freedom to cast one vote for any one ticket of their choice. The ticket receiving the greatest number of points shall, forty eight hours after the end of the voting period, assume office. If more than one ticket shall receive the greatest number of votes, the active president shall choose which ticket will assume office. Upon a ticket’s assumption of office, the candidate president of said ticket shall become TGC Forum President, and the candidate president’s selected vice president shall become TGC Forum Vice President.

If the President shall exhibit an absence from the forum exceeding sixty days, if the President shall announce a resignation from his Presidency, or if the President shall be banned, he shall lose his status as President. The Vice President shall then become the President and select any other member of the community to become Vice President. Said selected community member shall become Vice President upon their acceptance.

If the Vice President shall exhibit an absence from the forum exceeding sixty days, if the Vice President shall announce a resignation from his Vice Presidency, or if the Vice President shall be banned, he shall lose his status as Vice President. The President shall then select any other member of the community to become Vice President. Said selected community member shall become Vice President upon their acceptance.

ARTICLE 2 -- Duties
It shall be the duty of the President to put forth an effort to lead, participate in, expand, add to, invigorate, and generally provide for the betterment of the community. It shall be the duty of the Vice President to, at the President’s request, assist the President in the execution of his duties. The Vice President should take care to serve as a representative of the the community to the President. The Vice President shall assume the duties of the President when the President is absent and cannot carry out his duties.

At the end of the presidential term, the President shall host and carry out an election of a new President and Vice President pursuant to Article 1.

ARTICLE 3 -- Terms and Impeachment
If any community member shall hold status as President for twelve months, pursuant to Articles 1 and 2, an election shall be held to elect a new President and Vice President.

If the community shall at any time see it fit, a forty eight hour period shall occur during which each member of the community shall have the freedom to vote for or against the impeachment of the President. If the majority of voting members shall vote for the impeachment of the President, the President shall lose his status as President. A new President shall be elected pursuant to Article 1, excepting that no new Vice President shall be elected.

If the President shall at any time see it fit, a forty eight hour period shall occur during which each member of the community shall have the freedom to vote for or against the impeachment of the Vice President. If the majority of voting members shall vote for the impeachment of the Vice President, the Vice President shall lose his status as Vice President. The President shall then select any other community member to be Vice President. Said selected community member shall become Vice President upon their acceptance.

ARTICLE 4 -- Constitutional Amendments
If the community shall at any time see it fit, a forty eight hour period shall occur during which each member of the community shall have the freedom to vote for or against an amendment to this document proposed by any member of the community. If two thirds or more of the voting members shall vote for the amendment, and if the President shall approve, the amendment shall become a valid component of this document.

ARTICLE 5 -- Enactment
If a majority of the community members voting for or against the enactment of this document within a one hundred and twenty hour period shall vote for the enactment of this document, this document shall be enacted. Upon enactment, this document shall regulate its amendment and the elections, duties, terms, and impeachments of Presidents and Vice Presidents of the TGC Forum.

Proposed Amendment 1 -- Point Economy
The president shall have the power to regulate, in a manner deemed fair by the members of the community, an economy of points. The points comprising said economy shall be obtainable via performing actions beneficial to the community and shall be redeemable for various purposes beneficial to the community.

The community shall, through its impeachment powers, enforce the propriety of the President’s regulation of the point economy.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2015 23:20
So many words. What happened to the good old days where this was purely a popularity contest? Now we have to go and try to improve things.

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2015 23:42
I understand. Well that's what article 5 is for, eh?

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2015 01:21
Quote: "A mechanism should be created to handle the scenario of a president or vice president becoming banned"

Now now DJD64, just because I'm your Vice doesn't mean you have to be rude.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jun 2015 01:25
Quote: "What happened to the good old days where this was purely a popularity contest?"

If I become President, I vow that there will be no constitution! Everyone for themselves, that's the best sort of government after all!

I hope I'm popular enough to win

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2015 01:54
Quote: "I hope I'm popular enough to win"

Now THAT'S a campaign slogan.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jun 2015 02:14 Edited at: 9th Jun 2015 02:26
Quote: "Now THAT'S a campaign slogan."

THAT is why I made the following banner in my signature!

Now if only Clonkex would accept the offer of being my Vice President.

EDIT: Everybody seems to have forgotten that Swissolo nominated himself for President but didn't nominate a VP for himself. Can I nominate myself for that?

On that note I also think we should nominate a few more candidates, rather than wait for them to come and nominate themselves.

"Think YodamanJer, Think Clonkex, GAIN POINTS!"
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2015 05:05 Edited at: 9th Jun 2015 05:50
Quote: "Now now DJD64, just because I'm your Vice doesn't mean you have to be rude."
Well I won't lie, my nomination for you as my VP is a factor that inspired me to add that to the constitution. I still chose you to be my VP though, if that says anything.

Quote: "If I become President, I vow that there will be no constitution!"
If the constitution receives a popular vote, it will be ratified, regardless of the new president's wishes. Article 5!

And how will the new presidents bring improvement to the forum if there isn't a constitution? I should outline the direct purposes and functions of the constitution, for those who haven't taken the time to read it.

The constitution does not create a government with any power whatsoever. It merely provides a mechanism by which the presidents take up a duty to make the forum a better place, the propriety of which may be enforced by the community's right of impeachment. It also provides mechanisms to facilitate elections; disappearances (we have seen this!), banning, and the resignation of presidents; the amendment of the constitution itself; etc. The only power granted by the constitution is granted to the community, thus making
Quote: "Everyone for themselves, that's the best sort of government after all!"
a null argument from my opponent here.

Quote: "Everybody seems to have forgotten that Swissolo nominated himself for President but didn't nominate a VP for himself."
I'll put in an incomplete ticket for him. He still has to nominate someone, according to the rules!

Quote: "On that note I also think we should nominate a few more candidates, rather than wait for them to come and nominate themselves."
What good would a president be that didn't even want to be president badly enough to nominate themselves? Well beh, seems we actually did allow presidential nominations last election. Guess I'll go update the rules and the constitution!

EDIT The rules now allow other forum members to nominate presidents. The nominated president must still accept their nomination in order to be considered a valid candidate. Vice presidential candidates are still created the same way -- a candidate president must nominate them, and they must accept. I will change the rules even further, but only if a lot of a people express interest in that. So yeah, now feel free to nominate away! To be honest though, the changed rule doesn't make that much of a difference. A person running still has to accept their nomination in order to be on a ticket, so they might as well nominate themselves. If this system was not in place, I predict too many different tickets would be created, and the votes would be distributed too thinly among them. The winner may win only by a small margin. By making it more complicated to enter a ticket, the number of tickets is reduced, thus making the final voting results less ambiguous.

EDIT 2 I have created a condensed version of the constitution -- each paragraph was collapsed down to a sentence or two. Of course, the sentences directly paraphrase and carry all of the substantial meaning of the corresponding paragraphs from the full constitution.

Article 1 -- Elections
Anyone may nominate themselves to president. While doing so, they will choose a vice president. Upon their nominated vice president’s approval, a ticket shall be created. The presidential positions shall be handed to the ticket voted for most by the community.

If the president is gone for more than 60 days, resigns, or is banned, the vice president will take over his position and choose a new individual to become vice president.

If the vice president is gone for more than 60 days, resigns, or is banned, the president will choose a new individual to become vice president.

Article 2 -- Duties
The president’s duty is to put forth an effort to better the forum. The vice president shall help him do this. The vice president shall take over for the president when the president is unable to to carry out his duties.

The president shall carry out an election at the end of his term.

Article 3 -- Terms and Impeachment
A president’s term is limited to 12 months.

The community may vote to impeach the president, at which point a new president will be elected.

The community may vote to impeach the vice president, at which point the president will choose another individual to become vice president.

Article 4 -- Constitutional Amendments
If the community votes in favor of any amendment proposed to the constitution, said amendment will become a part of of the constitution.

Article 5 -- Enactment
If the community votes so, this constitution will regulate the its amendment and the elections, duties, terms, and impeachments of the presidents.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jun 2015 18:54
Clonkex has accepted my offer of Vice Presidency so our ticket is now 100% valid!

Until we rig the election of course.

Remember, everybody, a vote for Yodaman Jer and Clonkex is a vote for awesomeness!

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
I got a few votes last time, why not try again. I'd need a running mate.
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2015 06:26
Got your pending ticket.

What if we just did a deal where anyone could be elected, without needing nominations or announcements of candidacy or any of that, and then the winning president selects a vice president once they win? Would anyone be down with that? Seems that would make things a lot simpler.

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2015 11:33 Edited at: 10th Jun 2015 11:38
Yodaman Jer and Swissolo for P and VP, or vice versa, have my vote! "Vote for Yodaman Jer" - Me, former President. "If you vote for anybody else, you're probably voting for bronies." - Suggested slogan.

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What if we just did a deal where anyone could be elected, without needing nominations or announcements of candidacy or any of that, and then the winning president selects a vice president once they win? Would anyone be down with that? Seems that would make things a lot simpler."

Nah, I like the current method.
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2015 19:40
Quote: "Nah, I like the current method."
Nifty, so do I.

Jericho, I'll keep Swissolo's nomination ticket up there for ya. See if Yoda wants to join him!

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 12:42
Quote: "Yodaman Jer and Swissolo for P and VP, or vice versa, have my vote!"

Did you mean Swissolo and myself? Not sure I can run twice in the same election, having two tickets wouldn't necessarily be fair, this isn't a multiple-entry competition

Swissolo I would gladly be your VP candidate!

But everyone should still vote for me and Clonkex because I'm awesome, and Clonkex is Australian AND awesome, ergo a vote for us is a vote for awesome!

And points!

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Swissolo I would gladly be your VP candidate!"

Sounds good to me. I'll have to put together some nonsense that at least slightly resembles a campaign.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2015 23:17
need more drama, someone should start planning a coup

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 01:51
Or better yet, start planning soup.

"I don't like slapping people and this forum doesn't have the option to "roundhouse kick" users" - Seppuku Arts
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 02:24
I could throw up some drama, or some sort of "Forum Scandal" that would shock most users, yet I would still win the popular vote.

Hmmm what should I do for a scandal... oooh I know....

Let's say I sold my forum body for points! Yeah!

...Wait, why would I do that, I don't want to trash my own name! It was Dark Java Dude 64 who did that, I swear! I have the pictures to prove it (but they're not done processing in photoshop yet so you have to wait...)!

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 02:32
Quote: "It was Dark Java Dude 64 who did that, I swear! I have the pictures to prove it (but they're not done processing in photoshop yet so you have to wait...)!"

*GASP*
Well, I know who I'm not voting for.

"I don't like slapping people and this forum doesn't have the option to "roundhouse kick" users" - Seppuku Arts
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 02:44
Tickets list updated! Interesting -- I am on two tickets, Clonkex is on two tickets, and Yodaman Jer is on two tickets. Perhaps Swissolo and Comet should get on a ticket too; everyone on a valid ticket would be on two valid tickets at that point.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 02:54
Here, now, is my updated banner!

It is the face I make everyday when I realize I will one day be President of TGC Forums!

Think YodamanJer, Think Clonkex, GAIN POINTS!
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 03:00
Quote: "It is the face I make everyday when I realize I will one day be President of TGC Forums!"
One day, but not this year!

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 04:17 Edited at: 12th Jun 2015 04:54
Quote: "One day, but not this year!"

One day, in this year, opponent!

I WILL win. I know because of the rigged vote boxes - er, I mean - I am confident I will win because my campaign managers have been out collecting data for the last bajilliondy-milliondy-thousand milliseconds and have found the following:

Yodaman Jer / Clonkex approval rating: 100000000000000000^789%

Dark Java dude 64 / TheComet approval rating: -100^10^10^10*infinity%

Now, if you feel you can beat those odds, by all means continue your campaign. Just don't complain when I sled over your body in what will be a landslide victory!

EDIT: Hmm I sure hope the fact of who I supported in the original elections don't come back to bite me...

Actually it's kind of funny because he never caught on just how sarcastic I was being, and at the time I didn't realize it would become much of an actual thing on the forums

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 06:07 Edited at: 12th Jun 2015 06:25
My dear and fellow TGC forum dwellers,

I come to you again in earnest to discuss the current state of the presidential race leading up to the elections. My ticket's primary opponent, the ticket of Yodaman Jer and Clonkex, has taken a turn for the worst. They are exhibiting a strategy of striking non-professionalism, presumably in hopes that they might appear more "common" with the ordinary forum dweller. We must be aware, my fellow forum dwellers, that we are a forum of extraordinary individuals. We should not fall into the attractive grip of the falsely purported commonality of my opposing ticket. This forum needs a strong, devoted, professional leader if it shall see the light of day in the year to come.

My fellow forum dwellers, I additionally urge you to be alert of my primary opponent's suspect words regarding the goings of the future election. He continues to, with great over-confidence, assert the fact that he shall indeed win. In reality, of course, these words are merely of his attempt to craftily insert the prospect and certainty of his winning into your minds, as if you, my fellow forum dwellers, were actually that gullible. My opponent has, in addition, frequently made odd and uncanny jokes about rigging the voting process. Shall we, the unique forum that we are, succumb to the grips of the so-called "leadership" of a man who exploits the incorrectly evaluated thereby minds of you, my fellow forum dwellers, for his winning? Shall we allow our president to be one who, as a result of his jokes of terrible things, by no means is able to prove his stability? I should think not.

My fellow forum dwellers, I finally urge you to be keenly aware of my primary opponent's opposition to the constitution I have proposed. The constitution I have proposed grants power only to the community of this invaluable forum. To the president, the constitution only grants a responsibility, the propriety and overall execution of which is enforced by the impeachment power granted upon the community by the constitution. The constitution's goal is plain and simple -- to make the forum a better place. Should the constitution indeed be ratified by you, my fellow forum dwellers, shall we deem it a good idea to allow into power a man who has stated that the best type of government, one without the constitution I have proposed, is a free-for-all? I should think not. Of course, should the constitution be ratified and my opponent elected, his presidency shall be terminated by you, my fellow forum dwellers, should he fail to uphold his duties to make the forum a better place. He shall consider himself warned duly.

This forum needs a strong, devoted, transparent, growth supporting leader. I pledge to be the leader the TGC forum needs. My fellow forum dwellers, I think the decision is simple. Vote DJD64 and Comet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The original schedule called for voting to start yesterday; it did not, however. Moreover, I believe we should have a constitution ratification vote before the election vote. Who supports the idea of a constitution ratification vote beginning tomorrow? How about 6/12/15 6:00 PM GMT? It would then go for 120 hours, as per article 5 in the constitution, until 6/17/15 6:00 PM GMT.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 07:00
My dear fellow forum-goers,

It is with great pride that I address you in this next post which will hopefully clear any misgivings in my previous posts, and convince you to vote for me and my party.

My opponent has suggested that I am trying to be more "common" and that my strategy is not exactly professional. Well let me tell you something here you wonderful forum guys, don't you want someone who's friendly, makes jokes and has been a member of this forum for the better part of a decade? Or would you have Mr Goody Two-Shoes? HMM!?

My opponent has also indicated that I am opposed to the constitution, when indeed I am not opposed to it at all; rather, I am all for it! I merely meant to imply previously, that it seemed odd that my opponent was the one drafting it without any form of cabinet/general governing chaps alongside him at the drafting table, thus indicating to us that he wants to dictate everything! Yes you heard me right, Dark Java Dude 64 wants to be a dictator!

Is this what the TGC Forums need, a dictator? No! We need a leader, someone who's not afraid to crack wise and make silly jokes, or to rig - er, I mean - forecast a favorable outcome of his own election, as it shows confidence! And Apollo only knows that we need a confident and competent leader!

As your future President, I vow to enact a constitution that ALL of us agree to enact and draft up together, rather than have it forced down our throats by some dictating Java-Guy.

And I shall also vow that The Posting Competition will stay open another year, to the best of my ability!

There will be a huge surge in my AppGameKit productivity as well, and I vow to become a much more community-giver-backer-type-of-guy in terms of writing useful things in AppGameKit and making fun games for everyone to play!

Remember; Vote Yodaman Jer, and you won't be sorry!

=============================

In all honesty DJD64, I think the election should perhaps be held one week from today, and I agree that the constitution should be voted on as well. Those times are fine with me.

I shall not vote either way on it because I might draft up my own if yours fails...

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 10:37 Edited at: 12th Jun 2015 10:52
Quote: "-100^10^10^10*infinity%"

You realise that raising a negative number to an even power makes that number positive again? With that in mind, we of course agree with your approval ratings.

Vote for djd and comet! We guarantee correct mathematical results in all situations.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 16:38
Quote: "You realise that raising a negative number to an even power makes that number positive again? With that in mind, we of course agree with your approval ratings.

Vote for djd and comet! We guarantee correct mathematical results in all situations."

Well, damn! I screwed up the numbers because I had been up since 3:30am yesterday morning.

This is your approval rating, as indicated by my most recent data collection services:

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 16th Jun 2015 13:11
Hmm before forum activity dies completely over the weekend again (curse you other forum goers for having a social life! ), shall we start the voting process?

I will win of course so it's rather pointless, but I suppose I should give DJD64 a chance...

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2015 19:43
Alright, we can get on it! How long do you say the voting should go for? 3 days? 5 days?

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 16th Jun 2015 21:00
I vote for three days, since I can't wait five days to be President.

Let's say voting begins tomorrow (technically tonight) at 0:00 hours and finishes on 20/06/2015 at 0:00 hours, shall we?

Forum goers, observe my correct time and date formats! It's something my opponent has trouble with.

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2015 23:08 Edited at: 17th Jun 2015 03:27
Alright, three days sounds good. 0:00 hours GMT? I will get on creating that thread, and it will be ready before 17/06/2015 0:00 GMT (correct format!).

EDIT Oops, dropped the ball. Thought GMT was later than it really is. I am thinking about 6:00 AM shall be a better time.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I've been away for a little bit so I guess I missed some of the excitement here I guess I'll just say that if you do happen to vote for me I'll appreciate it I don't post too frequently but I check this forum all the time and have for quite a few years (starting some time in 07 as my join date incorrectly displays ) If I do win, I have a few ideas to try to keep the forum a great place that people continue to visit, but if I don't, everyone else running has been invested in these forums for a long time too so there's no wrong choice

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:42:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:42:47