Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Input detection demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2015 03:43 Edited at: 13th Jul 2015 04:09
This started as a project on building something based on gyroscopic motion, but I realized I don't entirely understand those figures, so I started building a sort of debugging tool and it got out of hand. This should work on any system, and lists stats for pretty much all input. Touch input feedback doesn't seem accurate, and if someone could explain to me why I'd be grateful. Hopefully someone finds this useful or interesting.

EDIT: I figured it out. I accidentally left one of my debug lines uncommented. >.<

Maghnus
Years of Service
User Offline
I spent most of the afternoon toying with this, which builds on the previous. This won't do anything unless your device has an accelerometer and/or gyroscope. It illustrates how motion input might be used. In reality, it's something like a virtual joystick, except it only responds to motion. You can tap the screen to switch between input methods if you have both. The code is kind of messy, since I also built it to respond to reorientation (Which is something you won't experience if you do have an accelerometer, unless you specifically allow it.)

Hopefully someone finds it interesting. Feel free to use and expand on it.

I recommend the images used for sprites be circular and the same size, but the way I built it anything -should- work, it just won't look smooth.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:14:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:14:05