Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / IDE & Platform Request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2015 11:42 Edited at: 14th Jul 2015 12:27
I would like a "Remote Control" feature so you can edit from anywhere, without having to move code with you.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2015 13:12
Why don't you just use Bitbucket or Dropbox or similar?
Then you have your code backed up too.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2015 14:57
maybe u can use a VPN (Virtual private network) + RDP Client (Remote Desktop Protocol).
or u can use a up to date Router as file storage access.
means u can plug a hd or usb drive into.

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit (Steam) V2 Beta .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2015 21:49
This is exactly what I use OneDrive for now (As I seem to have a TB of storage space :/)

Drop box was better, as it allows you to roll back edits/versions of documents (I don't think OneDrive can do this), but my free space expired.

A proper SVN solution would work as well, although I have found them to be a lot harder to set up and get working than DropBox or OneDrive.

Timberwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
@batvink, =Prof=: If I go that route,I'll use my VPS and a Git repository.

@Markus: If I go that route, I'll use teamviewer.

The whole idea was to have unified undo, synchronized debugging, and native interface everywhere I go. I guess what I am wanting is a decentralized IDE, like quassel is a decentralized IRC client. One IDE "server" and access from anywhere at the same time. This is also ideal for co-development. One can work on one file, while the other works on another. I could probably make a server and a plugin for the IDE to make it like that...
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2015 13:19
in the today co-development u must still hit a button
to get new source code from repository.
just imagine u click save, you want compile, you got an error.
the other team member want compile and run he will see same error.

a good idea is when the ide handle also the write protect file state.
visual studio shows a lock icon.

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit (Steam) V2 Beta .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Timberwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
@markus Everyone I work with when co-developing is done through teamviewer and some form of live vocal communication. Why? Because I have yet to see decentralized IDEs, and get that exact reaction when it's requested. Everyone seems to think it's a crappy idea and doesn't want to implement it. I'm half tempted to pay someone to make a dynamic decentralized IDE preloaded with plugins for the languages I use. In fact, I may do that after I finish upgrading my PC. Along with a browser that fits my wants and needs.
Timberwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
@markus Everyone I work with when co-developing is done through teamviewer and some form of live vocal communication. Why? Because I have yet to see decentralized IDEs, and get that exact reaction when it's requested. Everyone seems to think it's a crappy idea and doesn't want to implement it. I'm half tempted to pay someone to make a dynamic decentralized IDE preloaded with plugins for the languages I use. In fact, I may do that after I finish upgrading my PC. Along with a browser that fits my wants and needs.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2015 12:19
i think your idea is just share the same source
and work together.
means a network drive and work from one ore more pcs in the same project.
i agree a direct communication is a must have.
the pro is, the others do not need to buy or install the ide.
if you install the ide in a network drive i think you can start it from other pc's and its decentralized then.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:13:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:13:56