Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Create working Android .APK file on AGK 2? How?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2015 16:23
I've followed this old thread trying to make a working .APK file: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=203424&b=46

The thread is over 2 years old, and is a guide for AGKv1 and not for the new AGKv2. I've managed to make it to BUILD AppGameKit PLAYER IN ECLIPSE at step 44.

When trying to import and build the AppGameKit Player in eclipse, I get all sort of errors. I've tried with and withouth the facebookSDK, downloaded facebook-sdk.java from another webside, and renamed it to "facebooksdk.java". I've tried cleaning the project, fixing the project through right-clicking the project and selection android. Either way I'm getting errors everywhere. Atm I'm having everything from 100-150 errors.
Here's a pastbin of all the errors I get (I did not include facebooksdk on this one, but it seems like the majority of error has nothing to do with it): http://pastebin.com/0qku4c6J

The majority of errors point to AGKHelper.java, and they refere to packages that can't be resolved i think. Here's the top of the AGKHelper.java file:

(The text with lines underneath, is the text with red errors lines marked in eclipse)

Is there a new guide for AGKv2?

The best solution would probably be to download a working AppGameKit 2 Player build from someone who has successfully managed to build it. Please, if you've managed to make it work on AGKv2, help me out!

I'm not familiar enough with eclipse nor java to solve the errors myself. All the other steps before step 44, has been successfully applied.

Dev: Windows 7 64-bit
Android: Sony Xperia Z2
Software: App Game Kit 2 (steam)

NOTE: I'm able to broadcast my app just fine to my phone without any problems. Creating an .apk file from "File -> Export" also works, but the file won't install on my phone. I then tried follow the guide linked at the top with no luck.

-Daniel
theUsual
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2015 00:02
I've been talking to the devs.

I tried making an .APK file from AppGameKit 2 by going to File -> Export -> As Android APK. I successfully made an .APK file, but it wouldn't install on the phone.

I've now spent 5+ hours trying to make it work with the eclipse approach. I'm making my apps in BASIC Tier 1.

After talking to the devs, I found that the problem was caused by my package name. Apparently, I can't start my app name with a number in the packagename

I typed:
com.*companyname*.123

This solved it:
com.*companyname*.a123

Adding a character at the start of the name solved everything. There's no need to go through all the steps in the guide linked above, download SDK's here and there.

-Daniel

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:03:13
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:03:13