Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Compiler error: Bad File descriptor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I downloaded AGK2 from Humble Bundle and installed. When I created a new project in the Basic IDE and try to compile no matter what I do I get "Process failed (Failed to execute child process (Bad File descriptor))" in the bottom bar area. Anyone any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

Thanks

James

PC: Dell XPS420
Processor Information: GenuineIntel; Speed: 2394 Mhz; 4 logical processors; 4 physical processors
Windows Version: Windows Vista (32 bit)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Audio device: Speakers / Headphones (SigmaTel)
Memory: RAM: 3069 Mb
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2015 01:39
It sounds like a permissions problem, but I'm not sure as I haven't heard of this issue before.
The IDE calls another program to do the compiling, make sure you have permission to run it. Are you logged on with an administrator account?

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
jfkyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the quick response. I am not in the admin account but I have executed the main program as "run as administrator." Usually this is sufficient to ensure that the necessary authority is then in place.

james
jfkyle
Years of Service
User Offline
In case anyone else experiences this issue while I could not get AKG to run from a Vista non admin account it does work from the admin account
okee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2015 21:46
I usually install it to c:\agk2 to avoid any problems

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:39:48
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:39:48