Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Skin morph exported with Panda not working in the GDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2015 09:18 Edited at: 16th Jul 2015 19:24
Hi all,
Im currently making some skinning in 3D Studio Max 7, Im using Panda Exporter which works great for me to load anything inside the GDK. But this is first time I try to apply "Skin morph" modifier after "Skin", usually I apply "Skin" as last modifier in stack and works perfect but I wanted to refine movement this time. Is it possible to use "Skin Morph" and make it work in the GDK? I ask this because I know the Panda Exporter has some settings and while these settings I use work with any of my previous models with the mentioned modifier its exporting static model instead, so is it possible changing anything to make it work? thanks for any help beforehand =).

Edit: If there is other supported exporter for the GDK then Im ok with using it, I mean in case X file format doesnt support morphs or something
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2015 13:34
asdronin, as far as I know i'm afraid that most, if not all, 3d studio modifiers are not supported by DirectX 3d file format.

However, you can export limb movements from 3d studio as .x animations.

I think your question is not directly related to DGDK, but with DirectX and 3D Studio. You can ask the same question at the DBPro forum or at any other DirectX based engine forum, and the answers should be the same.

asdronin
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Morcilla, sorry I thought I replied to this some time ago, the fact is my browser goes really bad lastly and even writing single email makes it crash a lot, when I posted my reply (that was apparently not posted) it crashed but I thought it was already there, think its since Im not allowing Chrome to update as much as it wanted.

Well back on topic, I think you are quite right, further investigation of the features supported in X file format reveal what you said, its not supporting morphs, actually md3 (QuakeIII I mean perhaps I spelled it wrong) it suports morphs but not even that are probably the same as the skin morph produce, as I did little test with exporter I found online and this time not even the mesh is exported so its probably different type of morphing. So anyway I think I will deal with "skin" as its not that bad only requires more tweaking, and at least it works with Panda exporter and into de DGDK so I will manage to make what I have in mind I think =).

As said thanks a lot for your information you really helped me there, good luck with your Solar System perfect recreation (its awesome really, congratulations!) =)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:09:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:09:58