Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [Steam]No AGK Viewer project ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2015 17:57 Edited at: 18th Jul 2015 20:46
Hi everyone,

I bought AGK2 on Steam a couple days ago. I am trying to use the Placement Editor as described here : http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/utilities/1_placement_editor.htm

It's cool, the Placement Editor creates an export file which is in turn used by the viewer. But how do I make it export a file that is actually usable for the placement of sprites in my project ?

I thought that this placement Editor had some sort of feature that allows you to save time by calculating sprite placement for you. Am I wrong ?

EDIT : the title does not match the issue I am having because at first I couldn't find the project file related to the viewer, and then I realised I could just create the project myself. Sorry about that.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2015 22:40
I think that the idea is that you use the Viewer project code in your own project to import your level design. Specifically, there is a LoadFromPlacementEditor() function.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
POUTROR
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, thank you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:57:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:57:04