Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Can't Broadcast To Android Devices..?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2015 05:22 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2015 16:40
Not sure if I'm doing it wrong. I've downloaded AppGameKit Player from Google Play on my smartphone and my tablet but I can't get broadcasting to work.

I've tried pressing just the Broadcast button, then starting the AppGameKit Player app.

I've tried pressing the Broadcast button then Play button from the IDE then starting AppGameKit Player.

I've tried every combination possible. I've got it so that a green cursor in the bottom right corner says 'Broadcasting'. Still no dice.

All I see on my devices is UNCONNECTED in capitals. The IP addresses are correct at the top of the page and I can see the circular thing in the middle going round but nothing is happening.

Do I have to forward ports on my router or something..?

I've tried both AppGameKit Player and AppGameKit 2 Player but still the same thing from both apps.

Any help would be much appreciated, ta!

[B]Edit: Found the problem and thought I would share it just in case someone else has the same problem. AppGameKit was in my whitelist for my firewall, but my firewall was denying AGKBroadcaster.exe, which is launched from AppGameKit when you press the Broadcast button, access to the internet. Adding AGKBroadcaster.exe to my whitelist solved the problem.[/b]

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:07:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:07:36