Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Crystals Of Theia - Developed by 'Pix On Screen' in Unreal Engine 4

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2017 15:34
Most of those things cannot be seen in enough detail and neutral lighting to evaluate.

Remember, this is a development community not a gaming community, we dont want beauty shots, we want wireframes and texture flats, front and 3/4 character views in a neutral pose, animation loops, close ups of the gun, the face, the interior of the house without half the scene covered in dark sunrise/sunset shadows

if you just want to market the game to potential customers, pretty shots are fine, but if you want development feedback, you need to show detail.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 28th Jan 2017 05:49
Quote: "we dont want beauty shots"

K, no more beauty shots from now on. Only ugly screens, lol !

Quote: "we want wireframes and texture flats, front and 3/4 character views in a neutral pose, animation loops, close ups of the gun, the face, the interior of the house "
Quote: "if you want development feedback, you need to show detail."

Ok...I admit...you have some good points there. Thanks!

Quote: \"Close those quotes before they start to spread!...too late! Aaaaaagh!!!
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2017 19:13 Edited at: 1st Apr 2017 19:46
Check out what our music composer Julian Schuller did for his new Reel! Impressive! He did all the sounds and music for this vid:

It's an escape scene from the movie Avatar, where the sounds and music have been redone by Julian.

https://vimeo.com/210547501

Have been postponing the update, due to moving out to my new place, and doing more work for the project, but...it will come soon, guys! Promised!
Quote: \"Close those quotes before they start to spread!...too late! Aaaaaagh!!!
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2017 04:37 Edited at: 11th Jun 2017 13:44
Quote: "Check out what our music composer Julian Schuller did for his new Reel! Impressive! He did all the sounds and music for this vid:

It's an escape scene from the movie Avatar, where the sounds and music have been redone by Julian.

https://vimeo.com/210547501"

So...seriously...did any of you guys really look at it ??
I can't understand why any of you commented on it !!
Seriously...his work is great, so why don't you guys comment??
You guys wanted me to show things our team creates/does...right?? Well...these are the kinds of things our team creates...awesome things!!

More will come...but...seriously...Julian, our in house music composer did an awesome job on his latest reel! Shame on you guys for not showing him your love! Show us love, guys...love, love, love !
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2017 04:01
Hey all! Here's a small update!

Been doing lots of stuff lately, and I would like to apologize for the lack of updates, but it's kinda sad that there's not much response on these forums lately .
Another reason for not having updated in a while, is that I'm having soo much fun doing stuff for my game project, that I don't find enough time to update.
Time is usually the culprit, and game development isn't just about creating all the assets or game mechanics, but also keeping the community up to date .

This is by far the complete update to what my team has been doing, but I wanna show you guys what i've done the last few days.

I'm having soo much fun in zbrush lately...creating characters, clothing, props, etc...so, I wanted to share with you what I'm working on atm.
Here are some cloth pieces I've done in zbrush...a t-shirt, pants, a skimask, boots...and latest work in progress is a vest.
The vest needs more details (folds, buttons, zipper, pockets, and any other required detail). Then, it's time for the final uv mapping/retopo, baking of the maps, and finally...using those bakes as a start to do the final texturing ...or the fun stuff !

Cheers!
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2017 21:32
Hey all!

Here's a vid of the WIP character controller our team member Harry Danglers is working on for 'Crystals Of Theia'!
Bow and gun shooting, weapon switching, health/stamina HUD, jumping, crouching, side stepping, aiming, impact particle system, footstep sound system, and a lot more to come...!

Btw, I now have a complete team! Eight men and two ladies! Even have a male voice actor who worked for Marvel and Activision! Did voices for a couple of Call Of Duty games!

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2017 23:27
Very nice! Good job with the aiming modes, view feels comfortable, character is still very present but out of the way.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2017 05:01
Quote: "Very nice! Good job with the aiming modes, view feels comfortable, character is still very present but out of the way."

Thank you, sir! We're doing our very best to create a great game. Our current goal is to create a (playable) demo, and also a teaser/trailer, and then use those to start a Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo project, to raise funds.
We're also working on a website were people can already donate and follow along with the progress through blogs, vids, and all kinds of information regarding the game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:14:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:14:22