Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BARRICADIUM by Pincho

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's Barricadium, my latest project. It's part Pong, part Breakout, and part Speedball! It'll have several styles of play, and several screens with effectors. Effectors will be part of the background, and will come in the forms of Magnets, and blowers, and other things like that. There will be single player V's computer, and 2 player events. I think it's going to be fun! Take a look...

Pincho.

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2003 22:09
sweeeeet! its like all my crazy ideas about hybrid retro stylee games in one! i can't wait for this! is that an ingame shot btw?

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
It's a bodged together set of bits, just to show something. It's going to look better than this. The gameplay, and presentation is going to be up to console standards!
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2003 22:53
ah, but which console?

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I was thinking Nintendo...
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2003 23:12
I just downloaded an N64 emulator + Smash Bros. that game rules. It is just sooooooooo fun.

...and like that; he's gone...
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Another screenshot of Barriacadium. This shows how the gameplay works in some cases. Red bats cannot break blue bricks without first turning them red, and vice versa.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2003 14:00
Looks kinda like Blaster Ball 2 with an enemy Nice Pincho

RPGamer

Dont forget to Join the Forums!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2003 14:54
Very nice pixel work Pincho .

One thing that I really liked about the last Pong clone I played was a rotating bat - rotating bats add a whole new challenge, perhaps you could have some sort of mechanics in your game, maybe some opening and closing gates or something. If I was making a Pong clone, I'd go all mechanical, make it a bit like pinball but more industrial.

Van-B

I laugh in the face of fate!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I need some help with the ball physics in DBClassic! The source below works, but it's a bit jerky! Plust the wrapvalue line doesn't do anything because it isn't changing a value being used! Can anyone give me some smooth ball physics!

Pincho.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
New screenshot of updated graphics, and nice font for scoring!

Pincho.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Small update! I'm just finishing off the editor for the levels. Well this will be a makeshift editor, and I will add to it later. It will have features to mirror the bricks etc. There are almost 400 bricks possible on screen. I am still thinking about the fastest collision check possible.

Here's a screenshot of the editor!

Pincho.

Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2003 00:54
How does it play?

It should be easy to play but difficult to master.
Thats the golden rule for arcade games.

It should also speed up as the game progresses. It's a cheap trick but it makes it more addicting and fun. It works really well.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2003 10:38 Edited at: 17th Dec 2003 11:00
I want the ball to speed up, but it isn't so important with this game. Usually Breakout tries to make you loose the ball. This version plays differently. You have balls that are bombs, and lots of other strategies that score points. I'll try to make it speed up, but the 3D version isn't as fast as the 2D version on my graphic card. If I lock the game to my card's speed it will be reasonably fast, but not mega fast. I might have to buy a new graphic card to finish this game properly. I only have a TNT2, so I'll get a Gforce 2 or 4 instead.

Pincho.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Another update!

I've got the X mirror working on the editor now! It's quick, and easy to make levels. Blue tiles mirror as red tiles, and vice-versa. I think I'll put a Y mirror in there as well as an option. Everything locks to the grid as well.

Still want ideas about fast collision with bricks. I need to think about a sort routine that instantly finds the nearest brick to the ball. At the moment I haven't thought much about it, and I want to concentrate on finishing this editor.

Pincho.
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2003 13:07
Please release a demo (or send me one) I really want to play it.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah well once I get enough of the game working I shall release a demo. I'm a slow programmer because I'm a graphic artist first. That means that I spend a lot of time making graphics instead of programming. That's why I like to ask for code ideas, it saves a lot of time.

Pincho.
D Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2003 16:59
That looks really awesome.

God is real, unless declared integer.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! If everything goes to plan, it will play much better than it looks! I have so many ides to put into this! I am keeping some ideas a secret!

Pincho.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:56:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:56:11