Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] Fighter Patrol

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a conversion of an earlier game I created using DarkGDK that was never released

Scrolling shootem up game using some of the models from the TGC dark matter collection.

For those that remember that far back a bit C64 "Falcon Patrol" like still with a retro feel but more modern look.

more of a question for Lee and the others at TGC the music is from the Dark Game Studio collection am I safe to use it?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you got a video of the gameplay?

Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
GrumpierOdin
Years of Service
User Offline
hi

video quality not great - was done using camstudio but is quite jerky which is not the case with the WIP game...

The initial post should have a zip attachment with a running unfinished copy.

Attachments

GrumpierOdin
Years of Service
User Offline
screenshot of title screen

Attachments

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2015 19:16
Looks like the bombs change direction with the fighter? And a few alpha glitches around the edges of your images to sort, but looks promising! Reminds me of a game on the C64 called "Harrier Attack".

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
GrumpierOdin
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Thanks for the comments

The bombs are using 2d sprite physics and appear to be affected by the viewoffset changes when the plane changes direction - may have to change bombs control to similar method as the main gun or lasers. View offset is done as sky is not a skybox but a pair of sprites put together to simulate skybox.

Agreed the "balloons" need a bit more re-touch work although the logo's for the title screen, etc are deliberately a little untidy

Most of what I originally intended is now working ( got some gremlim to track down when you die - occasionally you die more than once )

Hoping to get enough time over next few weeks to finish off. I'm still thinking about releasing free with ads, free or as both free with ads and non-ads versions. - aiming for android package.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:39:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:39:31