Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [ANDROID][AGK1 Tier 2] Double Tap

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2015 14:29 Edited at: 4th Sep 2015 14:31

Hi together,

i would like to show you my second game made with agk. It is called Double Tap.

In Double Tap your task is to find as many duplicate images as possible in 60 seconds.

For each found couple of images you get 100 points, for every wrong answer you lose 50 points.

It would be nice if someones wants to try it. Please let me know what do you think about the game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bytechaos.doubletap
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2015 16:07
Very good indeed! Its amazing how difficult it is! There were a few occasions when I was about to take a screen shot and report it as a bug, as I was adamant there was no match lol Good work, I like this

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
m0rph3us
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Funnell7,

it is nice to hear that you like it. I find it very funny that you were about to take screenshots, because when i was developing the game i took many screenshots, and i was always wrong
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2015 15:09
I tried it and I like it.
Good job, and I like the scoreboard.

It kept crashing on me if I try to start the next game too quickly.
If I wait a few seconds for the ads to refresh, then it started properly.
A few times the screen orientation changed and got stuck that way.
It would be trimming a portrait mode onto my landscaped view, which was way to small to play.
A reboot is the only thing that would correct it, so an exit button for the app would be nice so I can shut the program down without shutting off the phone.

Quote: "There were a few occasions when I was about to take a screen shot and report it as a bug, as I was adamant there was no match "
Quote: "I find it very funny that you were about to take screenshots, because when i was developing the game i took many screenshots, and i was always wrong "

I ran into this too, and it was usually on the 16th set of images.
I wasn't able to do a screenshot, but I am sure there was no match several times.

My suggestion would be that when the game ends, maybe you could highlight the match before removing the last puzzle.
That way we would know for sure that there was a match and we had just overlooked it.
I say this for the end of the game because that is what happens when you get stuck finding that match.
It leaves the user on a bad note if they think they got duped on the puzzle with no matches, especially if they were having a good run.

Great game for quick plays, and addictive enough for longer play times too.
Well done.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2015 17:47
Quote: "That way we would know for sure that there was a match and we had just overlooked it."

That would be a nice feature

Congrats on your new game m0rph3us

http://crazyprogrammerproductions.webs.com/
m0rph3us
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 10:59 Edited at: 7th Sep 2015 11:01
Hey,

thank you for taking the time and playing the game.

Quote: "It kept crashing on me if I try to start the next game too quickly.
If I wait a few seconds for the ads to refresh, then it started properly."

When you are in the scoreboard and you press the back button, then the HTTP connection that retrieves the scores from the server remains open. I've fixed this, update to version 1.0.2 is out, and should be available soon on google play.

Quote: "I ran into this too, and it was usually on the 16th set of images.
I wasn't able to do a screenshot, but I am sure there was no match several times."

I am sure that there is always a match, because the correct images are placed on the grid first. Then a second routine goes on and fills all the other grid cells with wrong images.

I'am thinking about this: At this moment every time that you give a wrong answer, you lose 50 points. Maybe it is better to not lose points, but for example 2 seconds of time, and in this 2 seconds an animation will show you the correct match.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 20:01
Quote: "Maybe it is better to not lose points, but for example 2 seconds of time, and in this 2 seconds an animation will show you the correct match."

That's the one! Great idea...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:03:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:03:06