Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Changes in the mobile game market

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2015 14:16
Had a game lab meeting earlier this week and our expert talked about being to Gamescom as well as Finland. Casual is still huge on mobile. But there are now a lot of people looking for more complex games. The biggest genre by far (except for casual) is RPG. I am really excited about this because Rush to Adventure have RPG elements and I have a few RPG ideas for future projects.

lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2015 17:52
I approve of this trend

My hovercraft is full of eels
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2015 17:57
Sweeet! My next big project idea is gunning towards RPG elements.

Beta Test Age of Knights:https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_AgeOfKnights
Download JellyFish Dive:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
mrradd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2015 05:31
More complex games are needed in the mobile/portable market period. DS has tons of crap casual games, Vita same, Play Store and iOS market are the same or worse. It's gotten to the point for me that Fallout Shelter has the most substance of anything out there haha. I think anything with a "plot" could pass as a complex game in today's portable market.

-mrradd-
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2015 09:19

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2015 17:27
It's about time! Seriously I haven't bothered with a mobile game in months, would be good to see some fresh ideas and more ambitious ideas in these markets.

I think it's time Eat Drink Slay got finished and released as well... hell I've probably put in 2 hundred hours of work that nobody else has seen (not even Cliff)... everything from an intro/outro sequence, storyline, to new enemies, items, weapons, dungeon skins, crafting, hoarding. Everything is pretty much done except music, a good bug hunt and balancing... and converting to AGKv2 of course. I think it's about time that game was finished, before them mobile gamers decide they like mindless 1 finger tappy tappy games again

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2015 17:59
Quote: "mindless 1 finger tappy tappy games"

You can use lots of fingers on my Phonetap game! Lol. - It is totally mindless though. Huzzah!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2015 22:56
Quote: "I think it's time Eat Drink Slay got finished and released as well... hell I've probably put in 2 hundred hours of work that nobody else has seen (not even Cliff)... everything from an intro/outro sequence, storyline, to new enemies, items, weapons, dungeon skins, crafting, hoarding. Everything is pretty much done except music, a good bug hunt and balancing... and converting to AGKv2 of course. I think it's about time that game was finished, before them mobile gamers decide they like mindless 1 finger tappy tappy games again"

Looking forward to see it finished

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2015 03:23
Yes i agree with you, and i'm sure your game will be a HIT!!!
RPG are always funny to play, expecially if in 2D or 2D Iso.

Can't wait to see Rush to Adventure on Apple Store!!

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2015 00:28
Thanks Gekko. I hope it doesn't take too long

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:30:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:30:10