Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Executing another AGK app exe

Author
User Banned
Posted: 1st Oct 2015 16:26
is this possible ?

I want to open a new window with a new app from within an already running app. ?

possible ?
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2015 18:44
in c++ possible via api.
in basic maybe you can put booth apps (source code) together as one.
but then its one window only, at full screen you can display side by side.

AGK (Steam) V2 Beta .. : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.7.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 01:06
no way to open 2 windows at once ?
i want to be able to open new program as a standalone app that just work together ... so i can work with 2 windows on two separate screens..
the easiest solution is yeah , well just build 2 and run them side along side on windows (daaa...) . but I'm guessing i wont always use that app , and i want it to be open when i add some strings to its startup..

so , i guess for now , 2 Update Buttons for both app , transfaring relevant data ...
well , if there is a way please let me know.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 10:31
What are you trying to achieve? Would this help?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 12:38 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2015 12:41
I have 2 apps that works , I want to combine them but not recreate one out of the two.

I have 3 screens connected.

I want to be able to work with the main App , hitting a button , this button will do 2 things:
1. save all new attributes given by the main app to the second
2. open the 2nd app in a new window where it loads the new attribute file distributed from the main app.

then on the 2nd app , an Update button that will do the opposite of 1 just without loading the new app, so I'm guessing its a constant update loops between the 2 apps that always check for new file data the transferred file .

such as if i'll add an httplink it will turn up a new browser with a small string attached so I could open a browser open Gmail...
the ability to move from one app to the other while both updates in real time as of the behavior of the other.

obviously I'm talking about Windows/Mac ...

thank you for your time.
haliop.

EDIT ::::::::::::::::::::: EDIT :::::::::::::::::::::::::
Talking about Tier 1 ... o should add that to the Forum Signature :/
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 13:02
emm,
how about starting both apps together with a shell script.

so the one app do not need to start the other app.

the communications between can be done via files or multiplayer commands.
AGK (Steam) V2 Beta .. : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.7.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 14:11
It sounds like you are making an editor. The framework linked above can do this with a small amount of c# knowledge. The c# program would be your editor and it can launch the game executable.

Quote: "the communications between can be done via files or multiplayer commands."

I agree, both of these are good options. Files are the simplest option, but multiplayer commands are much slicker.
I just happen to have a tutorial to get you started
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TutCity is being rebuilt
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 18:13
naa I have already built the ui and everything I like AppGameKit way of doing things it always push me to tweak it more and more getting higher FPS and knowing what the system is capable

with .Net is there any frame difference ? cause I might just considering moving to .net for the editor part since the AppGameKit buffer will be free of all UI elements in the 3d view ... I wonder.. hmm

btw about multiplayer commands.. why should I use that over file creation/writing and reading .. since its a direct acsses to that file always... I think it is faster and more reliable then using a new set of commands that I will need to create a lan server for.. which will in some manner will take resource off the pc..so I guess multiplayer commands are a no go..

any thoughts about .Net framework with AppGameKit ? like known bugs ,performance issues , etc ? ..and stuff so i'll know if I want to move on into it..
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 18:22
an then a question comes to mind...
what if I want to run it on MAC using .Net ? is it possible ?
that's why I think AppGameKit needs its own new command RunExe(filename$,extracommands$)

where extracommand is a string you'll create in your app in real time letting the new window open in new Fullscreen/Size/Aspect/ in app commands.. etc...

I am 50 percent sure I will not be able to run .Net on a Mac machine but I'm not sure..
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 19:17
in windows its easy to integrate, ex ShellExecute
i believe its already in feature request.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 19:31
is there an example ?
should I rebuild a shell execute inside my app ? well how will I run it ? I moved into Microsoft page after searching for it on google
but honestly it doesn't make any sense to me...

I wonder if there is an http command for it like

when you open a webpage inside AGK
you can also put in the quotes an email and it will open GMAIL or enter "Tel:4059043" so it will automatically put it inside the android phone call to ...

so I'm guess there might be an easy solution for it if only you could execute a file from a webpage link...
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 20:02 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2015 20:03
i mean paul can easy integrate some command to start other app for windows.

via url the browser start a download, but i saw someone using a javascript to start a exe.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3152482/running-exe-from-javascript

so i think maybe you can use a local html file + OpenBrowser command
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 20:10
Quote: "any thoughts about .Net framework with AppGameKit ? like known bugs ,performance issues , etc ? ..and stuff so i'll know if I want to move on into it."

You are not running "AGK.NET"
The framework uses multiplayer commands to communicate with AGK. The AppGameKit Window is a separate executable which has been put inside the .NET form.
I set the comms speed to about 50ms and it runs well for me.
TutCity is being rebuilt
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 20:41 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2015 20:51
Quote: " I think AppGameKit needs its own new command RunExe(filename$,extracommands$)"

Even without the extra commands, it would be nice.
I have had the need for this as well.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 22:41
Thank you Markus that was super ! as always haven't tried it yet but it is probably a good place to start, so I can also create a webpage with statistics showing on the third screen
I wonder if we have a good html setup inside AppGameKit then.. you could actually code a webpage and just let AppGameKit directs you there or just fetch data or some extra data that will improve your gaming expriance...
such as , a private social network just for the customers, from the webpage you can direct to facebook stuff which means there wont be a must on using AppGameKit facebook/tweeter stuff.. then the entire web is at your disposal
so actually to work this out , I will need to learn HTML/JAVA .. still did not tried the solution Markus suggested but I am 90 percent that it will work such as the other HTML stuff that do work..

maybe an AppGameKit app should come with a website attached whether you open it or just use some data via HTTP COMMANDs.. , if the site is online then your app is online without the need of Google/Apple permissions to view extra data and use it ..
so maybe using PayPal for selling stuff
or use facebook just without the AppGameKit commands which dosent work...

if we are talking about multiple windows I might just ask

is it possible to create for Tier 1 a multiple windows way to code stuff ? so each section /sub section/project (with all attached) are moved into another window on anther display
it doesn't have to open AppGameKit again... no need just the part where I can write or see debug should be able to diss attached from the main window.

I have no reall knowledge about html or java , but this is an inspiring moment after all.
i
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2015 08:29
the difference is if you start a html page local or from web.
starting a exe from web have a security safeguard.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Oct 2015 09:40
Well so if im opening it from a local machine its safe?
What are the problems from downloading an exe from the web then opening it ? I think most browsers today wont let you download an exe ..
However i just want to open an additional app from a local machine using whatever method i can.

From an online page i would probably just fetch new data or backup data .. No need to run an exe from an online page but to download new updates which if i take it to the script side i wont have to reinstall the updated app and just update its startup instructions and if not then downloadin an Msi and then opening it localy... However hnm also an online site still.is.able to run a local exe...

Please share your thoughts again a stable set of http commands will enable us the users to create new opportunities.. So if you have anything to add please do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:19:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:19:46